Post your custom gauge cluster

-

rgreule

Reaction score
i have seen different threads here and there of different things people have done to there gauges but no thread designated to show what you have done.. so lets see them

This is what I had. These are Cyberdyne gauges. I didn't really like them so I'm in the process of changing them out with AutoMeter Phantom gauges. I still have the tach and speedo to go.
Picture_058.sized.jpg

2913356_111_full.jpg

The only insert I have seen is a brushed alunamin job at 800 or so..did you make yours or was it bought ? Is it hard to find a speedo that is accurate for the
Duster ?

Thanks
ian.

Here's my plan, using AutoMeter Z-Series 3 3/8" & 2 1/16" electrics (mechanical speedo). Its a dash frame from a '70 Duster, and a gutted gauge bezel from a '74 Scamp. The original dash frame & cluster will be pulled and stored. Someday!

Panel.JPG

Here's my plan, using AutoMeter Z-Series 3 3/8" & 2 1/16" electrics (mechanical speedo). Its a dash frame from a '70 Duster, and a gutted gauge bezel from a '74 Scamp. The original dash frame & cluster will be pulled and stored. Someday!

So you need the plastic from another dash or do you need a another complete dash.. ???

Showing us folks without explaining what you had to do to get there is a bit fustrating..however, I appreciate your post.. which translates into I am, totally clueless how you are getting from a to b :)

The bezel I have is the original that has been fiber-glassed over and then sanded smooth. I then cut the holes for the gauges and installed them. You can get replacement bezels from Redline gauges works about $110.

So you need the plastic from another dash or do you need a another complete dash.. ???

Showing us folks without explaining what you had to do to get there is a bit fustrating..however, I appreciate your post.. which translates into I am, totally clueless how you are getting from a to b :)

grassy,

Sorry for the lack of details!

I used a scrap, non-working, gutted gauge cluster bezel (from a '74 Scamp). I also purchased a 2nd dash frame (from a '70 Duster) that will replace my original (which will go into storage).

Then, after many measurements and paper templates, I laser cut a piece of plexi-glass to fit the "flat" area where the factory gauges use to mount.

Then, after many measurements and layout designs, I laser cut the plexi-glass for the openings of the new AutoMeter gauges and LEDs to mount into the "flat" panel.

There will be a matching plexi-glas panel on the backside of the original bezel to "sandwich" it all together.

Lights and Wiper swiithces will be mounted in the metal dash frame to the right of the cluster and to the left of the Radio/HVAC controls.

Hope it helps your understanding of what I did.

Fabbed this one for my 69 Cuda. It's an aluminum insert patterned after original dash. Thinking of removing it and painting gauge surrounds the same gray color as the rest of dash, what do you think that would look?

100_1008.jpg

Fabbed this one for my 69 Cuda. It's an aluminum insert patterned after original dash. Thinking of removing it and painting gauge surrounds the same gray color as the rest of dash, what do you think that would look?

Wow...what do you keep under the hood that you're watching with all of those gauges? Looks good.

Here is mine. Since the dash frame was already trashed I cut it out toward the center about 2 inches and made the panel. Guages have since been changed so I could use an electric speedo.

Larry

IM000298.jpg

IM000300.jpg

IM000305.jpg

IM000393.jpg

IM000395.jpg

a87dca5b.jpg

To see them lit up go to this link-http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=96664

love the way those look when lit up,

when i get around to the interior of my scamp im gonna go with the "american muscle" line from autometer. i love the way those look. with a custom fiberglass cluster fit into the origional space, or i might do the same thing but find an older dash thats trashed so i can cut some space so everything fits right.

love the way those look when lit up,

when i get around to the interior of my scamp im gonna go with the "american muscle" line from autometer. i love the way those look. with a custom fiberglass cluster fit into the origional space, or i might do the same thing but find an older dash thats trashed so i can cut some space so everything fits right.

Thanks man.. I havent seen the american muscle one's but I am sure that they look good.

I love mine because of the little blue M on them. Hhaha

95724b83.jpg

About three years ago, a guy I know made me a panel to fit into a stock bezel for $50. I told him what gauges and lights I was going to use so he knew what size to make the holes, and he made it so it takes the stock wiper and light switches. Here it is.

DashGauges1.jpg

DashGauges2.jpg

Those mopar gauges are freakin bad a$$!!!!!!! :-D

Thanks man Mopar is def proud of them though. It is worth it everytime I pull the switch at night though. Made my interior 10 times newer looking.

Plus it is a good view for the chevys and ford that seem to always have a good view at how nice and bright they are.

Ahh... this old chestnut again. Here goes with mine, hand fabbed aluminium, classic instruments guages. Save the jokes about it being on the wrong side, I've heard them all before ;)

CIMG1758WEB.JPG

CIMG1759WEB.JPG

CIMG1768WEB.JPG

CIMG1773WEB.JPG

CIMG1762WEB.JPG

CIMG1576.JPG

CIMG1745.JPG

-
Back