Post your Garage wall decor

-
The Dan Cave

195DD72E-425E-4079-A6A3-4F6DCAABC18A.jpeg

4E8A30CC-B44E-42A8-BC36-183BF4F29E05.jpeg

These are a good addition if anyone comes to western wi I have these for sale for a.man cave non matching set but new. 200 buys them!

Screenshot_20220817-110506_Gallery.jpg

Don't know why those pics doubled up, tried to load different ones. I'll try again.
Those clairanets are really wall sconces for my musician sister for Christmas. The Walnut Bases are dryong. No instruments were harmed in the making...

The Bonneville Streamliner started life as a vacuum by the Hughes Aircraft Co. Cast Aluminum. "Ruby's Rickshaw" was the name on a B-24 during WW2. One of the Jolly Rogers in the Pacific. That is the original 'Nose Art' drawing used on the plane. My neighbor's dad was the Flight Engineer on it and they named it after his wife. When my buddy passed away a few years ago, he left it to me along with some other stuff of his dad during the war.

View attachment 1715823446

View attachment 1715823447

View attachment 1715823448
I know this is an old post, but I would like to chat about Ruby's Ricksha for a project that I am working on. Sent a pm.

Here are some cool things in my garage. I got the Stewart Warner clock from my Dad's basement and it still works. I got the P-38 (60" wingspan") from my uncle who passed away. I repainted it in the 459th Fighter Squadron markings. The red piece is the dive brake from an SBD Dauntless, with original red paint. The prewar DC-2 photo (60" wide) was left out on the curb and my wife told me about it when she got home. I asked WHY she didn't grab it. She didn't remember where exactly it was, only the general neighborhood, so my son and I drove around for an hour until we finally found it. It was curled up from bad water damage, but I fixed it.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 7.10.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 7.10.26 AM.png

Not sure if this counts as "Decor" or storage. This stuff was in the way after removal, but I wanted to preserve it. This is my old shop in Michigan. They are starting on my new one this week, in Southern Indiana.

20201030_124139.jpg

Picked up this sign from a local guy I know. I plan to build a frame and light it up eventually.

20210828_175832.jpg

Finished my office a year ago.

That’s Bob Tarozzi’s Hurst jacket when he work with Hurst to develop the Hemi Super Stock cars.

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_0603.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished my office a year ago.

That’s Bob Tarozzi’s Hurst jacket when he developed the Hemi Super Stock cars.

View attachment 1716200446

View attachment 1716200448
Love the office space. First thing I noticed is the framed AAR Cuda poster ; its one of a series that GoodYear did in 1970. Looks like yours is a real 'matte' finish - almost like a giclee. Is it behind really matte glass , an actual painting or can I just not see well?
A large local parts store had all of those posters reproduced in almost life size up high around the walls of the inside mid70s to early 80s. Tried hard to rescue them when the place shut down to no avail...

Last edited:
Love the office space. First thing I noticed is the framed AAR Cuda poster ; its one of a series that GoodYear did in 1970. Looks like yours is a real 'matte' finish - almost like a giclee. Is it behind really matte glass , an actual painting or can I just not see well?
A large local parts store had all of those posters reproduced in almost life size up high around the walls of the inside mid70s to early 80s. Tried hard to rescue them when the place shut down to no avail...

Yes, that image is one that Goodyear gave out. But this one is some sort of copy that was given to Bob Tarozzi (AAR Team Manager) and hung in Bob's personal office. That's why it's got that matte finish.

I have one of the original posters also.

These are some parts Bob designed for Keith Black and Brad Anderson,

IMG-7061 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back