Post your Super Stock clones

-
--------------------------------------THAT SIlVER AND BLUE BARRACUDA IS KICK A$$ !

Thanks Bob!!!

It still needs some hand pinstriping between the blue and silver to finish off the paintwork.

After my baby girl gets married (which is in one more week) and I get back from SEMA it'll be an all out effort over the winter to finish this thing.

It's been sitting idle for far too long.

sscuda

yes sscuda's cuda is a rocket ride .

Thanks!!!~

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

Very nice body.!!!! Paint looks great too!!!!

It appears you are off to a good start!!!!

Good Luck with your project.

sscuda
I have an update. I've been working on this car just about every weekend since the Fall. I've gotten a lot of good ideas and help from folks on this forum. I have a lot of work left to do but I've made some progress. The shock tower is notched, the SS&AFX mounts are in, the engine compartment has gone from rattle can black with lots of random holes to matching the car. I got rid of the fuel cell in the truck and put in a real truck floor. I moved the spare tire well and gas tank over to the driver's side about 3/4" to give me more room for leaf spring clearance on the passenger side (the car is mini-tubbed with leaf the leaf spring relocated inward and they are very close to the tank). The gas tank has a modern in-tank pump that can support over 800HP. I've ripped out all the wiring and dash and I'm redoing that. All new brake lines and offset master cylinder are in. I've been very fortunate with friends helping me (some on this forum) and 2 friends lending me an real hemi block and a plastic hemi mockup block. #madness

before2.jpg

before.jpg

mockup1.jpg

valvecovers1.jpg

valvecovers2.jpg

I have an update. I've been working on this car just about every weekend since the Fall. I've gotten a lot of good ideas and help from folks on this forum. I have a lot of work left to do but I've made some progress. The shock tower is notched, the SS&AFX mounts are in, the engine compartment has gone from rattle can black with lots of random holes to matching the car. I got rid of the fuel cell in the truck and put in a real truck floor. I moved the spare tire well and gas tank over to the driver's side about 3/4" to give me more room for leaf spring clearance on the passenger side (the car is mini-tubbed with leaf the leaf spring relocated inward and they are very close to the tank). The gas tank has a modern in-tank pump that can support over 800HP. I've ripped out all the wiring and dash and I'm redoing that. All new brake lines and offset master cylinder are in. I've been very fortunate with friends helping me (some on this forum) and 2 friends lending me an real hemi block and a plastic hemi mockup block. #madness

View attachment 1715047977

View attachment 1715047978

View attachment 1715047979

View attachment 1715047980

View attachment 1715047981
looking good...under the hood

Al beautiful cars! :)
Hey you AZ guys, I will have to look you up at the Pavillions once it cools down.

Well, it's been awhile & I've been wondering what I could do next to the car. I'm thinking a "Gerst" R&P conversion. Yeah, I know it's not necessary & takes away a bit from a true "clone" but if it makes it ride & handle better & still look "stock", why not? Thoughts?

Not really a clone, I still kept the GTS badging. This was the last go around. It's apart currently for changes.

IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG

Last edited:
cool cars man. I'm looking to do a Super paint job. I only have a 383 to go in it though. Totally inspiring to see these cars.

Al beautiful cars! :)
Hey you AZ guys, I will have to look you up at the Pavillions once it cools down.

I'm up for it! Greg Fernald is usually there, I know of 2 or 3 others that would probably make it. Name a date!

Update: The Hemi is in and it $%#%# fits. I used the SS and AFX mounts and lowered the K-frame .5" per the 68 specs. It's been a battle but I'm getting really close. I built a dolly and we lowered the car down over the engine and trans. The rockers had to come off for an extra 3/8" of needed clearance when we lowered the car. We also had to ding the TTI A body headers on #7 just a tiny tad to clear the steering shaft. I think its a function of the lowered K-frame that caused that. We did have to make some minor mods around the idler arm mount because of my wide Milodon oil pan but that wasn't too bad. Sorry it's hard to see because of the contrast of the white engine compartment and black valve covers. When I get it all buttoned up and can get it outside I'll have some better pics. BTW - The Hemi is a "mild" 572 and is making about 760 HP. It doesn't have a cross ram but if you look close, that's not a stock intake either.... It's a Stage V Rat Buster single plane. It pushed my 4000lb Road Runner to 10.02 @ 134. It should be interesting in a light A body. :)

20170916_185810.jpg

20170916_185918.jpg

20170916_185801.jpg

20170916_164316.jpg

Last edited:
What are the specifics on that mild 572???
CNC ported Stage V heads, Mopar block, 4.5" bore and stroke, custom grind solid roller ~.600 lift, Ohio Crank, 10:1, can run on 91 octane, TTI headers, Stage V Rat Buster, 2 Edelbrock 1805s. Banning built engine. Idles like a station wagon. Runs like a scalded dog.

-
Back