Post your Super Stock clones

-
Thanks for taking the time to articulate your set up. Nice to have a scienced out simple change for the WOT track vs a street drive. What cfm are those?....just from the picture, they look slightly smaller than the factory carbs..
Denny, the carbs are Edelbrock 1805s - Thunder Series AVSs. They are rated at 650 cfm. The chokes have been removed on mine.

must be the intake that makes them look smaller than the 1805's we run.....on mine, the carb bases are less than 1/2" from one another.

Found a few old pics... do I miss it... or her, as you guys just to say :)
20171227_221041 mats juhlin dart.jpg

20171227_221025 MATS JUHLIN dart.jpg

That’s a lot of typing
and I don’t think this is the best place to describe
Unless the boss says ok
However it is a very parts correct and built from a rust free straight body
Many years of research and questions besides reading the book and Parts chasing
I wanted as close to original as possible very detailed

Just finished my Clone/Tribute SS Dart...it was a long and arduous journey. Thanks to all of those on the Forum that advised me along the way! It is an Indy Aluminum motor 426 CI. 660 hp at the crank, ~500 at the wheels. A833 4 speed, Mccleod dual disc clutch. Dana 60, '74 A Body front discs, C body rear drums. I'm looking forward to some real Oregon Sunshine so I can enjoy it. No finshed engine pics yet but the one attached is close...just some detailing was left to be done.

IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1321.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1330.jpg

Just finished my Clone/Tribute SS Dart...it was a long and arduous journey. Thanks to all of those on the Forum that advised me along the way! It is an Indy Aluminum motor 426 CI. 660 hp at the crank, ~500 at the wheels. A833 4 speed, Mccleod dual disc clutch. Dana 60, '74 A Body front discs, C body rear drums. I'm looking forward to some real Oregon Sunshine so I can enjoy it. No finshed engine pics yet but the one attached is close...just some detailing was left to be done.

View attachment 1715136166 View attachment 1715136167 View attachment 1715136168 View attachment 1715136170

Awesome job! That is an incredible amount of work to get to that point. I know... :)

Damn, wish mine was at that point! But it will be a few years (or more) before that happens...sigh!. Nice job with the details. Can't quite make out what all the lettering says, if you have a chance some details of the lettering on the car would be appreciated. Thank you.

Damn, wish mine was at that point! But it will be a few years (or more) before that happens...sigh!. Nice job with the details. Can't quite make out what all the lettering says, if you have a chance some details of the lettering on the car would be appreciated. Thank you.
The SRE is Strode Racing Equipment...long time Drag Racer and hot rod builder. He's done a couple of Vintage Bonneville cars lately. He did the roll cage.

Acme did the body and paint work and Lonnie's Place is the name of the guy that help me pull it all off.

Lonnie Gilbertson, long time West coast builder, winner of the America's Most Beautiful Roadster a couple of times.

Mitch Kim did the painted lettering, all the gold leaf and the pinstripe and Push Off. Curt Radin did the vinyl lettering, all the rest.

I've got a couple more guys to add to the fenders and Mitch will letter the glass with my NHRA number and class (although I'm sure I will never really race it in the SS/AH class, it would not be at all competitive. I'm considering a Vinyl of the graphic seen below in a Photo Shopped version I did before the car was started. The Target Velocity and Graphic would be re-designed to fit on the door. Opinions WELCOME.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

dart 2.jpeg

With Acme auto on the car would it not be appropriate to have a Wiley Coyote somewhere near the lettering! Just a thought. I do like the vibe you are achieving with this car. Nice job!

Another quick question is the car mini tubbed and if so what tire and wheel width are you running? Backspace specs would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here are some pictures of my 67 Barracuda Hemi car. I wouldn't say it is a clone only because I put it together like the factory would have if the built a street car. It does have all working lights, wiper, heater and even the horn works. I started to built this car back in 1991 when Hemi parts where made out of gold if you could find them. So I have been told it's not a real Hemi because it uses a 69 440 block with Stage V Hemi raised port conversion heads. And a stock Hemi grind hydraullic cam from Mopar Performance. Rick Allison @ A&A transmission did the transmission It's a reverse pattern valve body with all aluminium drums and lots of other good stuff in it. Rick told me the only thing missing was the trans brake, but that a bit much for a street car. I run a 3:91 gear which limits me to about 85 mile it a tank of gas. Not so good for cruising but again it gets it on the street I did get to make one pass when some friends rented a track in NJ. It went 11:29 @ 130 mph and I totaled a set of drag radials that one of the other guys let me use. The hood was a NOS hood I found is St Louis in 93 or 94 I can't remember. There a lot more in the car but this post is long enough as it is but I'm alway happy to talk about it. For as long ago as it was put together I think in turned out pretty good for a clone if that what it is. The car gets driven every place it goes. It's a lot of fun to drive and it is hand full if it get away from you which seem to happen if I let a rookie drive it.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of my 67 Barracuda Hemi car. I wouldn't say it is a clone only because I put it together like the factory would have if the built a street car. It does have all working lights, wiper, heater and even the horn works. I started to built this car back in 1991 when Hemi parts where made out of gold if you could find them. So I have been told it's not a real Hemi because it uses a 69 440 block with Stage V Hemi raised port conversion heads. And a stock Hemi grind hydraullic cam from Mopar Performance. Rick Allison @ A&A transmission did the transmission It's a reverse pattern valve body with all aluminium drums and lots of other good stuff in it. Rick told me the only thing missing was the trans brake, but that a bit much for a street car. I run a 3:91 gear which limits me to about 85 mile it a tank of gas. Not so god for cruising but again it gets it on the street I did get to make one pass when some friends rented a track in NJ. It went 11:29 @ 130 mph and I totaled a set of drag radials that one of the other guys let me use. The hood was a NOS hood I found is St Louis in 93 or 94 I can remenber. There a lot more in the car but this post is long enough as it is but I'm alway happy to talk about it for as long ago as it was put together I think in turned out pretty good for a clone if that what it is. The car gets driven every place it goes. It's a lot of fun to drive and it is hand full if it get away from you which seem to happen if I let a rookie drive it.
Hemi446 I think I saw your car at Carlisle a few years ago. I thought it was very impressive. Ignore the naysayers. It's a Hemi. 130 MPH is mid-low 10 second MPH if you can get it to hook and 60'. Great job!

Hemi446 I think I saw your car at Carlisle a few years ago. I thought it was very impressive. Ignore the naysayers. It's a Hemi. 130 MPH is mid-low 10 second MPH if you can get it to hook and 60'. Great job!
Thanks Very Much It goes to Carlisle every year and we have alot of friends that come by and drink beer with us and just hang out. Everyone is alway welcome. My friend Kenny drives it alot and he was always a better racer than me. He said it feels like a mid 10 second car to him, but the tech guy had a cow after the one pass and told me rented or not that was it. He then said Damn that was a nice run for a stock suspension car. He said it went nice and straight but it didn't feel straight I had to work my *** off.

Last edited:
Thanks Very Much It goes to Carlisle every year and we have alot of friends that come by and drink beer with us and just hang out. Everyone is alway welcome. My friend Kenny drives it alot and he was always a better racer than me thought it felt like a mid 10 second car to him, but the tech guy had a cow after the one pass and told me rented or not that was it and said Damn that was a nice run for a stock suspension car he said it went nice and straight but it didn't feel straight I had to work my *** off.
I had a question about the suspension. The rear has super stocks springs moved in 3/4" with the Mopar Performance kit. The pinion angle is down 4 degrees and it has an adjustable pinion stubber with about an 1" of clearance before it hits. I also add a piece of 1" box tubing between the frame rails and extended the plate that the pinion stubber hit against because before that if you got up on the converter real hard the stubber would miss the stock floor all together. The rear shocks are the longer super stock shocks from Mopar performance.

Last edited:
I had a question about the suspension. The rear has super stocks springs moved in 3/4" with the Mopar Performance kit. The pinion angle is down 4 degrees and it has an adjustable pinion stubber with about an 1" of clearance before it hits. I also add a piece of 1" box tubing between the frame rails and extended the plate that the pinion stubber hit against because before that it you got up on the converter real hard the stubber would miss the stock floor all together. The rear shocks are the longer super stock shocks from Mopar performance.
I noticed you had enough room between your gas tank and leaf springs to fit your tail pipes. That's awesome. My springs are moved in too (probably a little more than yours) and I had a devil of time getting enough clearance between the tank and the right leaf spring. Since I was replacing the trunk in mine (it had a provision for a fuel cell when I got it), I moved spare tire well toward the left side 3/4" for more clearance on the right. It's still tight on the passenger side but the spring clears the tank.

20171001_124523.jpg

I had to cut the hell out of the new TTI exhaust to make it work. The right side tail pipe was cut down about 3" to make it clear the gas tank strap and the frame rail. Since the 67 gas tank strap goes left to right not front to back it would of never cleared. Since the headers had to be made to fit the heads and the body I had to add to the front pipe to make it wider and shorten the right side and cut the ends off so I could put the chrome tips. Them like I hadn't put enough into the exhaust I had the whole system Jet Hot coated. The tips were also cut down and opened up to fit over the 3" pipes and the factory hanger bracket was cut off and tig welded up, then I had them rechromed. Plus had to add the openings for the dual exhaust 67 had the flat rear valance panel. I think the only way it worked is the 8.75 rear axle, but when I put a stick in it I may put a Dana just for the look.

Last edited:
DSC01444.JPG
just getting done with a dana 60 setup my customer ordered up , he made a few errors in his package . but i got chrysler drums on it now . so his 14'' rim center with the 4''bc would fit and 14''wheel cover on a 15x8 rim band . its just a 500hp 500fpt 440 727 gv od 1970 dart more door sed . granny's church ride , lol .
DSC00089.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
DSC00098.JPG
DSC00099.JPG
DSC00100.JPG
DSC00102.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back