• Fitech 600 Power Adder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holley Sniper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

73Scamp318

Reaction score
Been a long, long time since I posted here...

I'm in the planning stages of a new engine build. The plan is to build a small block Mopar with a pair of small turbos, which should make for a fun street car. I intend to do this in stages over the next few years to spread out the cost and ensure that I remain married.

I'm ball-parking between 550 and 600 horsepower at the flywheel, running a maximum of 14 pounds of boost.

Year one - Fuel injection...I'm looking at the throttle body systems, the FiTech 600PA, 1200PA or Holley Sniper. I know I'll be pushing the limits of the system running a blow-through application with that kind of power. I figure with a rising rate regulator, it should be pretty safe. I'll be upgrading the ignition as well, using either a shiny new MSD or Holley distributor, depending on which injection I go with.

Is there anyone out there that has done this and would recommend one of these systems over the other? I'm leaning towards the Sniper at this point, though I've gotten contradicting information...Holley said it would be fine and one of their distributors recommended that I look at a non-TBI system at anything over 480 HP with a turbo. I intend to pick up a Tanks Inc tank/pump.

Year two, I'll be acquiring the turbos and playing with a stock-ish 360. A forged short block will come the year after.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Subcom in the thread below yours has the fitech 1200 on a single turbo on a stock 5.9 magnum, but on e85 but you can read through his. I'm doing a twin turbo on a built motor using the megasquirt 3x.

Sounds like you have a reasonable plan and expectations. I think the Tanksinc setup is a great idea. A little pricey but do it once and your done. I'm still working through the bugs with my Fitech, but I'm a novice at this and the whole E85 thing is not well documented, so I'm on my own. If I was to do it over again, I would go Megasquirt and MPI. Better support, more flexibility, but more expensive. The fuel supply side of a turbo setup and any EFI gets pricey quick. I started with a home brew E85 Holley DP750 but went crazy trying to tune it.

I'm also running the fitech with a single 76mm turbo. I've had some issues with it, not saying it wasn't my fault, but I have finally got it set up pretty decent I still have some tuning on it to do but so far its been a great product. I dont have the track time subcom does so he would no more about how it acts then I would I've just done some street pulls and it seems to keep the afr where you want it.

I guess my question here is, are there any recommendations for a TBI for what i want to try to do here?

I'm leaning towards the Sniper, but Fitech is in the running. I figured support would be better for the Holley, but it sounds like there is a Fitech group on facebook that is really helpful.

Would the Sniper or the Fitech 600 PA be sufficient for my goals? Or would I need the 1200 PA or wait for the Super Sniper to get this done?

When it's all said and done, I'd like to get a couple of 10-second time slips out of it. You know, banzai passes on race gas just to say it has run 10s.

I would go big so you can grow your HP and not have to worry about the fuel supply side. If you choose FITECH for $300 more, you can get the 1200PA. I can't speak to the pros/cons of the Holley product, but I would expect Holley to have better support. The Fitech direct support is absolutely abysmal. The Facebook user's group is the products only saving grace, and it's not official Fitech sponsored. Purely community driven.

Boost is addictive, I agree with Subcom and go bigger just incase down the road you build a motor to handle more boost. Just if there a slight hint of building a better engine down the road to multi point injection now and save cost down the road, it's a bit more wiring but the tech support is amazing for megasquirt plus it can do all the things big stuff 3 can but at way less of a cost. Just my .02

Fitech tech support is hit and miss, I've called a few times and Bryce seems to be the most help.

Oh, I'm aware of how addictive boost can be...I used to have a 92 Eclipse GSX that was pretty quick a long while back. That car inspired my brother to buy a turbo Supra, that thing was a riot.

I haven't owned a turbo car since then, but have wanted another...so, here we are. I figured if I built in two or three limitations, it would keep me from getting greedy with the boost and splitting a block.

At this point, I'm going to hold off on my decision until I have the car out of storage, which will probably be another month, and continue to read up on both systems.

I am currently in the same boat you are trying to decide. I just ordered a Procharger for my stock short block 5.9 and wanted to go fuel injected. I'm shooting for 600ish horse power with 10 lbs of boost. After hours and hour of reading and research I decided I need to go Holley HP MPI. The problem? Can't afford it right now, so... I'm converting my Holley 750 DP to blow thru until I can afford the Holley MPI maybe next year. I could afford the Fitch 1200 PA but after all the mixed reviews just decided to do the carb until I can afford the fuel injection I really want.

I'll be running water/meth injection. Shooting for 10.50s by this September at drag week.

Oh, I'm aware of how addictive boost can be...I used to have a 92 Eclipse GSX that was pretty quick a long while back. That car inspired my brother to buy a turbo Supra, that thing was a riot.

I haven't owned a turbo car since then, but have wanted another...so, here we are. I figured if I built in two or three limitations, it would keep me from getting greedy with the boost and splitting a block.

At this point, I'm going to hold off on my decision until I have the car out of storage, which will probably be another month, and continue to read up on both systems.
I had a 91 eagle talon tsi, fully built engine, dsm link all the bells and whistles that car was a blast.

Well there is alot of good builds on here, I went aftermarket block for mine. I was in the same boat, had a srt4 few years back all bolt on done, bigger turbo and intercooler, was fun but the torque steer sucked lol. But just scroll through and get ideas, ask what ever questions, lots of knowledgeable people on here.

Well there is alot of good builds on here, I went aftermarket block for mine. I was in the same boat, had a srt4 few years back all bolt on done, bigger turbo and intercooler, was fun but the torque steer sucked lol. But just scroll through and get ideas, ask what ever questions, lots of knowledgeable people on here.
I raced a neon rt with a turbo added in my talon walked that think all over the place. But the scamp with a little 318 and a turbo is way more fun then the dsm was.

Wasnt the talon awd? The rt only had a 2.0L single cam. To bad you didn't have it and raced a equal modded srt4, would have been a good race, their 2.4L was a stout block, plus the srt4 third gear was where it just pulled, have beat alot of cars that just thought its only a neon lol, miss that car, was very fun. Have to agree a v8 turbo or twin turbo is going to be way more fun.

Wasnt the talon awd? The rt only had a 2.0L single cam. To bad you didn't have it and raced a equal modded srt4, would have been a good race, their 2.4L was a stout block, plus the srt4 third gear was where it just pulled, have beat alot of cars that just thought its only a neon lol, miss that car, was very fun. Have to agree a v8 turbo or twin turbo is going to be way more fun.
yup awd, it was from a roll around 20ish. I built that car and then parted it out like 2 months later, no idea why I'm a idiot.

Have seen a few of them run, they can be quick. Well we all do things we regret lol.

Are you guys planning on using the stock block for these builds?

550 horsepower will be safe on a stock block but when you start turning that boost up you will be taking some serious risks. I looked into this for a while and it ate me up trying to decide. I knew I would want more than 600 horsepower out of a turbo set up so I didn’t go that route.

Just be conservative on the tune.

I went aftermarket block, one of a few that have a ritter block, but since theirs no more r blocks only choice really, but if you want to see it, look at my thread 67 twin turbo build, and soon to get the block back from the machine shop.

I'm on a stock block now, still trying to figure out exactly what it is. The block number comes back as a race block, but there is no 318 race block that I can find. But with everything I have found I believe it is out of a 1980 police car. I have a eagle crank, eagle h beam and wiseco piston that will be getting installed this year.

Mine is a stock 5.9 magnum block and I bet I'm close to 480-500HP on 6-7 pounds (based on my MPH) and I've leaned on it a ton of times with a less than reliable tune. Blew the head gaskets once. As soon as I get my tune squared away, I'll push it to 10-12psi.

I'm on a stock block now, still trying to figure out exactly what it is. The block number comes back as a race block, but there is no 318 race block that I can find. But with everything I have found I believe it is out of a 1980 police car. I have a eagle crank, eagle h beam and wiseco piston that will be getting installed this year.

What kind of eagle crank?

Mine is a stock 5.9 magnum block and I bet I'm close to 480-500HP on 6-7 pounds (based on my MPH) and I've leaned on it a ton of times with a less than reliable tune. Blew the head gaskets once. As soon as I get my tune squared away, I'll push it to 10-12psi.
I'm shooting for 12psi this summer on my stock motor, wish me luck

-
Back