Powder Coated Alumnastars

-

540dust

Reaction score
Old car looks a little different with these. Got my old set of Alumnastars Powder Coated black, it looks a lot different.
20181027_154036-1-1_resized.jpg

I've thought about having my Welds powder coared. How well does it hold up around the lug nuts?

I read somewhere, the heat might affect the aluminum. Not sure how hot the baking gets but rocker arm makers stopped doing anodizing because of cracking-fatigue. I'd inspeck for cracks as time goes on.

I read somewhere, the heat might affect the aluminum. Not sure how hot the baking gets but rocker arm makers stopped doing anodizing because of cracking-fatigue. I'd inspeck for cracks as time goes on.

When aluminum is heated to outgas it (which removes impurities and air trapped in the metal) and cure powder, neither process will impact the metal negatively because it doesn't get hot enough or cook that long. I outgas at 500 degrees and most powders cure between 380 and 400. Any metal heating chart shows aluminum melts at 1,220 degrees -- outside the scope of most ovens -- while various alloys are all over the map.

Metals - Melting Temperatures

I can't imagine why rocker arms would be anodized.

When aluminum is heated to outgas it (which removes impurities and air trapped in the metal) and cure powder, neither process will impact the metal negatively because it doesn't get hot enough or cook that long. I outgas at 500 degrees and most powders cure between 380 and 400. Any metal heating chart shows aluminum melts at 1,220 degrees -- outside the scope of most ovens -- while various alloys are all over the map.

Metals - Melting Temperatures

I can't imagine why rocker arms would be anodized.
Blue ones, red ones and gold ones where very common.

-
Back