Power brake booster size - Help

-

mkingan

Reaction score
1965 valiant. trying to convert to power disk brakes. i have the rotors, spindles, etc. all on. i tried to just swap out master cylinder and that's not working correctly. Is an 8" setup going to fit in this car. also i'd imagine need to swap out the proportion valve also? needs some guidance here. was thinking of ordering the -
MP-203 1962-1972 MOPAR A, B, E Body 8" Dual Zinc Booster Conversion Kit w/ Adjustable Proportioning Valve
off of pirate jack. any input would be appreciated. thanks

Why not look up what the factory cars came with and duplicate that? You already have a blueprint. Use it.

Why not look up what the factory cars came with and duplicate that? You already have a blueprint. Use it.
that car had drum all the way around and no power booster, been converted to disk in front now just have to finish the booster, master cyl. setup

Here is a kit with master cylinder and booster. It's 8" in diameter.
1965 Plymouth Barracuda Booster Master Conversion Kit

Hi Rusty thanks for the link.
Curious if anyone has used a power brake booster package from Master Power Brakes and what their opinions are on it?

I am close to having all parts for my barracuda disc brake swap, I just finished a conversation with a guy that has a power brake booster bracket (not sure of the year), I was thinking I could buy a power booster for it. Rockauto has one for a 1973 duster. What's the difference between 73 and up vs 72 and older. Just the diameter? will a 1973 fit in a 68 a-body with a small block? is the brake booster bracket different? With that said these booster packages from MPB looks too be great!

Go with a 15/16" bore master cylinder for manual brakes. Skip the power brake booster.

15/16" bore gives you more control and requires less foot pressure to push it.

Go with a 15/16" bore master cylinder for manual brakes. Skip the power brake booster.

15/16" bore gives you more control and requires less foot pressure to push it.
ok but its already been converted to disk in front

the conversion was i think off of a "B" body. it works just not real good. so i was going to swap it out with a power booster, master cyl and prop. valve setup.. should work just got to make sure a 7" or 8" will fit

ok but its already been converted to disk in front

Yes, you do the manual Disc/Drum master like the '73 - '76 Darts used.

Dr. Diff will set you right up with the proper manual disc/drum master to use also.

-
Back