Power Steering box part number question

-

jim whelan

Reaction score
Trying to get parts together to convert to power steering for a 1967 barracuda will a 3643012 gear box from a 1972 valiant work. Can get pump hoses and box with pitman arm in one purchase if it will work. I know the pump bracket won’t work will have to work on that, I already have a steering shaft for power. Ty

If you're sure it's a '72 model and not just a car built in late '72, yes, it will fit. The '73 up model boxes use a bigger diameter sector shaft and hence a different pitman arm. Measure the sector shaft diameter with some calipers and compare it with the sector shaft on your old box. It should be the same.

Depending on which engine is in the donor vehicle, the pulley and hoses might not work either.

Depending on which engine is in the donor vehicle, the pulley and hoses might not work either.
Thank you, my 69 has a 2267262 gear Box and the pitman arm stud faces up on the 73 sectors it faces down no? The 3643012 box that I’m looking into also points up but the casting looks to be a longer shaft to the pitman arm. For the price and the shipping just want to be sure I think I’m going to just wait and find the exact parts

-
Back