Power steering gear question

-

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a problem/question with my steering gear the front of the gear box broke off when i say front i mean the closest part to the radiator does this portion of the gear hold fluid or is it cosmetic only the car has been sitting for about 14 years and has no engine in it im just starting to work on it again after a 13 year break lol i can post pics if needed thanks

The bolts can work loose. If someone was driving it with them loose than that's probably what broke it. NO! DO NOT TRUST IT! Get a another steering box. There is a lot of stress on that box and it is your connection to the road.

Hey guys i have a problem/question with my steering gear the front of the gear box broke off when i say front i mean the closest part to the radiator does this portion of the gear hold fluid or is it cosmetic only the car has been sitting for about 14 years and has no engine in it im just starting to work on it again after a 13 year break lol i can post pics if needed thanks

I'd like to add to what Hellrats said and mention to inspect the area where the steering box bolts to the frame real well, as these cars are prone to cracks around the mounting area even without the steering box being loose.
The box having been loose could add a lot more stress on those areas.

Ok thanks guys i am investing is a new one i found a reman at AutoZone for like 160 wo a core do you think they will accept my broken one as a core

-
Back