Power steering on a 65 dart

-

Dart 65 /6 170

Reaction score
does anyone have experience installing power steering on a dodge dart 65. mine does not have power steering, so i thought that should be the next upgrade

thanks

It may be a matter of perspective, but I know to some of us that prefer manual steering adding power steering would a step in the wrong direction.

It may be a matter of perspective, but I know to some of us that prefer manual steering adding power steering would a step in the wrong direction.
well i haven't thought about that :) how can that be? does the power steering add any negativs especially for manuals ?

Manual steering has better 'road feel'.

It does not leak.

Power steering adds weight, is prone to leaks & Chrysler power steering is will known for being more 'power' than steering.

Every time I have swapped steering types, it has been from power to manual.

Other peoples results may differ........

My wagon came with power steering and will be keeping it but with a rebuilt box by Steer and Gear to their Stage III modern steering feel.

Main reason for adding power steering to my 67 was for the smaller 14 inch steering wheel. Beyond acquiring all the needed parts, pulley, pump, belt, hoses... The manual steering column shaft is about 3 inches longer than the power steering shaft. Some simply defeat the shear pins in collapsible shafts. I transplanted the shorter shaft into my original column.

If you don’t have the PS parts or are starting to collect them, contact @65dartcharger who lives in Sweden and maybe be able to help. Shipping would be a lot less from Sweden than from the US.

-
Back