Power steering pump EMERGENCY Los Angeles

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett Hurley

Reaction score
So I’m 17 and I bought a 64 valiant wagon. Power steering pump went out and something got caught in there messed up all the internals. Can’t rebuild it. I need a new pump and reservoir the federal style with round neck ASAP. Please help me it’s been sitting for months and I don’t have the money for rock autos goddam $500 pump and reservoir. Already have bought 2 junkyard pumps that didn’t work. Text/call Garrett torrance CA (LA)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’m 17 and I bought a 64 valiant wagon. Power steering pump went out and something got caught in there messed up all the internals. Can’t rebuild it. I need a new pump and reservoir the federal style with round neck ASAP. Please help me it’s been sitting for months and I don’t have the money for rock autos goddam $500 pump and reservoir. Already have bought 2 junkyard pumps that didn’t work. Text/call Garrett 310-292-0921 torrance CA (LA)
what engine

It's been sitting for months but now it's suddenly an emergency? Can you at least let us know what engine you have?

Basic hand tools to rebuild, get a pump insert from a auto place. take apart and clean well.

mancini-racing-big-block-hemi-federal-power-steering-pump-bracket-25.jpg

here's a re-build how too. pretty much the same if i remember.

rebuild kits

also: DON'T PANIC!

View attachment 1715425137

here's a re-build how too. pretty much the same if i remember.

rebuild kits

also: DON'T PANIC!
I rebuilded it and fucked up the threads on the pressure hose i used loc tite it blew right off when I ran it it’s fucked up there is basically no threads. Thinking about maybe fitting a Saginaw style pump on theresomehow these federal ones are non existent

Thinking if I can use one of the newer A style pumps or the federal style one on Classic industries with 4 mounting bolts in front it’s be a lot more efficient and cheaper. Anyone done something like this?

210D908F-57E6-4E01-BF7C-3FE28A7EC5BA.jpeg

It's been sitting for months but now it's suddenly an emergency? Can you at least let us know what engine you have?
Right.
Pretty sure ,because I got one there, that he could get a rebuild kit or at least a reseal kit from Carquest . Was around 28 bucks.iirr
For all he knows ..the box might be junk and what led to failure.

Last edited:
Easy to take things the wrong way on the internet thought you guys might get a laugh out of it sorry if I offended you

So who's offended? I couldn't care less and apparently, waiting half a month to reply, neither could you. I would gladly send you and I think I have one, but as far as I'm concerned now, your heap can just sit.

WTF? Tread not a wanted thread and phone number posted. I guess the op isn't asking for a pump but just help. We can't catch them all. When you vets see something like this please let one of the mods know. I will correct some mistakes and PM the op.

WTF? Tread not a wanted thread and phone number posted. We can't catch them all. When you vets see something like this please let one of the mods know.

My apologies, Mike, I didn't notice a phone number, or I would have PM'ed you. I was too busy laughin my butt off at this guy insulting people he asked for help.

Sorry guys I’m new to the site not sure exactly how it worked I meant no harm to anybody just a high schooler working hard to keep my projects going. It’s not easy when you don’t have a father to teach you everything thought you guys could help me out because this type of knowledge ain’t easy to acquire. I respect all u guys on here but feels like u guys are just laughing at me now and that’s easy to do behind a computer screen. I worked my *** off since I was 15 to buy this because I love these cars same as all of you. I don’t know what you guys want me to say I’m desperate? I dont have the knowledge or resources? Cause that’s true but I love this car and was hoping you guys had any info on this pump. Hopefully we can start on a new page if not I’m gonna have to stick to the old trial and error

Hook the lines up and leave the belt off of it and drive it until you get it fixed man. Or......curl up in the fetal position and give up.

Haha that’s what I’ve been doing but I feel like it’s not too good on the box so I just left it out in my driveway ready for a new pump. For people saying I should rebuild I overtorqued the pressure hose and broke the threads on the pump ( Please call me an idiot) I know rookie move right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back