PowerMaster alt install problem

-

kursplat

Reaction score
this is just a heads up if anyone else try's to mix the same parts as me. i did a quick look and didn't see anything here. swapping out my clutch fan for a contour fans and went with a powermaster 7569. i have March pulleys, and ordered this one as it already had a ribbed pulley installed. hang it on the brackets and there's 3/8" alignment issue. didn't notice at first, but the front ear is a little thicker than a stock one, and the pulley has a different spacing than the March one. great :rolleyes:... i could have swapped the pulley and ground down the spacer tube, but i didn't really feel like dissembling my new alternator, and ending up needing the warranty.
DSC01729.JPG

i ended up making some spacers to move the new alternator forward so the front ear lines up with the bracket instead of behind it. also made a slightly longer adjustment rod.
DSC01742.JPG

haven't run it yet, need to do the wiring tomorrow. once i'm sure this is going to work i'll take it apart and make it look a little better.
DSC01738.JPG

DSC01739.JPG

this is just a heads up if anyone else try's to mix the same parts as me. i did a quick look and didn't see anything here. swapping out my clutch fan for a contour fans and went with a powermaster 7569. i have March pulleys, and ordered this one as it already had a ribbed pulley installed. hang it on the brackets and there's 3/8" alignment issue. didn't notice at first, but the front ear is a little thicker than a stock one, and the pulley has a different spacing than the March one. great :rolleyes:... i could have swapped the pulley and ground down the spacer tube, but i didn't really feel like dissembling my new alternator, and ending up needing the warranty.
View attachment 1715618351

i ended up making some spacers to move the new alternator forward so the front ear lines up with the bracket instead of behind it. also made a slightly longer adjustment rod.
View attachment 1715618353

haven't run it yet, need to do the wiring tomorrow. once i'm sure this is going to work i'll take it apart and make it look a little better.
View attachment 1715618354

View attachment 1715618355

Very nice! Thanks for sharing this. I will add this FWIW. V belts are "more forgiving" then serpentine style belts. That said, IMO, serpentine belts are more efficient then V belts. Good for you for figuring out yet one more short coming the aftermarket gives us "old Mopar" guys. I give you all the credit sir!

Good for you for figuring out yet one more short coming the aftermarket gives us "old Mopar" guys. I give you all the credit sir!
i don't know that i look at it as a short coming, i just assume anything other than stock parts going on the car they were originally meant for, is going to involve a little hot rodding to fit :lol:

-
Back