Pray for our Florida FABO friends

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like Ian makes land fall around 2:00 pm tomorrow.

If you are a praying person please keep our friends and all the rest of Florida in your prayers.

If you live close enough and can help if needed please do so.

I'm in Colorado but if you need something I can ship you in FL let me know.

Everyone be safe and don't take chances.

Screenshot_20220927-203751.png

If you are a praying person please keep our friends and all the rest of Florida in your prayers.

View attachment 1715991350
Thanks for starting this. It's what we are all about here on FABO.

Hope everyone is safe, leave the "things" behind, if necessary. They can be replaced, people can't. Will be praying for all the members and their families.

I have a trailer home down there on the East Coast 60 miles South of Cape Canaveral, in the town of Palm Bay.

Have everything tied down and secured well for up to 120 mph winds. After that it will be clean up time.

Neighbor lady there is riding it out again in her newer 1 story home, and will send photos up if things get damaged.

Have had 3 pretty close hurricanes come within 100 miles over the last 9 years, lots of rain but the place stayed in tact. Some of the neighbors had some minor things tore up.

Good luck to everyone there. Looks like it will drop to a cat 1 right away when it hits land. It is big and slow moving and surely will dump a lot of rain.

Got a new steel roof, so that helps hold things together.

1.jpg

My neighbors winter at Manasota Keys. Not this winter I bet.

@RAT ROD AL , please be careful!!
Prayers for all those in the path.

I lived in Biloxi during Katrina, but evacuated 8 days. Thankfully only had fences blown down and just a medium sized branch slightly damage the roof.

I don't wish a Hurricane on anyone.

If the company I'm contracted to gets a contract, I'll be there doing fiber & telephone restoration as soon as we are cleared to get in. Best wishes & be safe to all.

I hope @RAT ROD AL and all the other FL members are getting to high ground. This one looks eerily like Charlie in 2004 when our place in Port Charlotte got smoked. This might be round two if that storm surge goes as high as they are predicting. Stay safe everyone.

Cocoa Beach Pier on the opposite side of the state, East Coast.
Long reach of the winds.

1664374481952.png

Hurricane is headed for landfall at Sarasota on the Gulf Coast between Tampa Bay and Naples. The top side of the Hurricane is pulling the water out of Tampa Bay, rotating counter clockwise.

I am wishing you all the best. I lived in Sarasota when Charley hit the same spot (Port Charles), it was a tighter storm and wasn't bad. This one is different. The area has been soaked for days and now the rain will be bad with high sustained winds. I hope they don't get the bad flooding and trees down with the soaked ground. I work in the Utility industry and they are going to be without power for quite a while. There is a massive shortage of pole xfrmrs and all the Utilities are sharing pole-mount goods. I hope it is not as bad as it looks to be.

Good luck all,
RGAZ

Earth Cam, Naples Florida 12:30 p.m. EST

Granted now this is the backwash from the counter clockwise rotation pulling moisture from the Gulf of Mexico as it is heading back over land at Sarasota.

1664383025329.png

1664383064574.png

View attachment 1715991350
Stay safe out there, and please don't use a car cover outside. It will do more damage than good. This thing was swinging all over the paint.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 1.42.28 PM.png

I'm watching a live feed from Punta Gorda about 25 miles north of ft. Myers.

Downed tree branches, etc
16643909592214992484274638814998.jpg

Last edited:
Weather channel says storm surge maybe up to 2 to 3 ft.

That's a relief.

Here is the Cocoa Beach Pier web cam on the East Coast as hurricane is coming diagonally across the state heading for Jacksonville.

6:30 a.m. EST Florida
Churning up the waters.

1664448579203.png

-
Back