Prayers for my folks. Car wreck in dads 29 model A

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
My mom and dad took their 29 model A for a drive this past sunday, and some dipshit blew a stop sign and hit them. The car ended up on its side, my dad landed on top of mom, and basically crushed her. Both of em in the hospital. Mom got it the worst. 2 broken ribs, broken clavicle, broken arm. They get discharged wednesday. My 2 brothers and I have to provide round the clock in home care for at least the next 6-9 weeks. If work approves, I fly home on saturday to be there 7 days. We are going to have to tag team this. Hoping my mom and dad mend quickly. Guys be careful out there with your pride and joy. Theres always some dipshit asshats that dont pay any effing attention.

IMG_25281.jpg

IMG_71291.jpg

IMG_75431.jpg

IMG_74321.jpg

IMG_35831.jpg

IMG_24791.jpg

****!

That is sad! Our prayers are with your family!

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear.

I sure do hate that. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Hopefully the car can be saved!

That's up to the insurance company I guess. He had collector car insurance of an agreed value. Hopefully they have a specialty shop or shops in mind that can fix this.

Oh man, thats rough

How old are your folks?

Hey, im sure you're head isn't set on dealing with the insurance right now, and I don't know the laws over there...but i can see some sleezebag lawyer try to make the point that that car was not road worthy and his client shouldn't have to pay a dime

Make sure you get ahead of that, and grab a lawyer of your own if need be

Mom is 80, dad is 82. So this has put a hurt on em. Doesnt matter what his lawyer says. Car was inspected, before put on the road. Was insured with a collector car policy. It has an agreed to value policy on it.

Thats quite an age

I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance on the car, that part sounds taken care of

I was more worried about the hospital bills and all

Your parents are just a skosh younger than mine, and that’s a damn nasty crash. Was the idiot drunk, on dope, stupid a mix of those or all of them?

You know as you get older, healing time increases.

You and your siblings need to get a plan so that you guys don’t get overwhelmed.

Bravo to you guys for taking care of your parents. Sadly, I know people that wouldn’t do that, and that’s sickening.

Sorry for their injuries, hope for full recovery. You and family are great for helping them.

More concerned for your parents! They are younger than mine and cannot imagine if they went through this! The car is of no consequence.

Dad seems if good spirits, had some choice words tht he wants to say to that guy. Mom is on pain meds making her loopy. Us Tag teaming the situation allows a day to catch up with either of them since I live 2,000 miles away. I think my folks will mend faster with one of us there than a total stranger.

That’s too bad, glad they are doing ok, could have been way worse. And that poor car, what a shame....hope they both heal fast and your dad gets fair value on his car, that’s tough to get your classic taken out like that

Shocking but good to see parents are on the mend. Always some a-hole right around the corner no matter where you go. I can't drive three minutes without someone passing me doing twice the speed limit.

Sorry man.
I pray for speedy recovery and complete healing.

-
Back