Prayers for Ryan Neuman

-
6024FA3A-2A34-43F8-B0BB-91B9762D537C.jpeg

Since he lived, I’ll post the pics from above that I didn’t want to last night

809F8DD9-AE1C-45C3-A93F-CE6D0A4CAF3C.jpeg

98B46A63-6634-4992-87E0-4732697B97F8.jpeg

Here's what the problem is in a nutshell. Earnhardt said it many times. If a car is slower than one behind it, GET OUT OF THE WAY! That's it. That's all there is to it. Slower cars are a hazard when they do not move aside. You can trace them to causes of wrecks all the way back to the inception of stock car racing. It's really that simple.

Sounds like the assholes that camp out in the left lane doing 55 when traffic is doing 80 on the highway. :)

Not popular to talk bad about Dale Sr., but the truth is he died having done to him, what he did to many, many others.

In the grand scheme, he won a lot and died doing what he loved.

I get a chuckle on motorcycle forums when someone rants on about how they only ride wearing full leathers.
I understand if you're slinging a crotch rocket, but this is on cruiser forums.
If you are that worried about safety, perhaps a motorcycle is not for you.

If you can't accept that you or others around you may be seriously injured or killed, perhaps racing automobiles at 200 MPH is not for you.

All that aside. I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

I bet he will have fun in the future watching himself get a 4th place Daytona finish sliding on his roof.

It wouldn't surprise me if he retires at the end of the season. There's only so many hits like that, that a person can take. I'm sure his family will have a footnote in it if he does make that decision.

That was tough to watch.Thought for sure he was a goner.
Hope RN has a full & speedy recovery and like Yunick stated seriously considers retirement.

Sounds like the assholes that camp out in the left lane doing 55 when traffic is doing 80 on the highway. :)

OK, but these guys were 1 and 2 and bumper to bumper??

Not a Hamlin fan, either, so I'm not defending him

It's not "blocking" when You're leading the final laps, it's called defending Your lead for the win, & it comes with it's dangers.....Ryan knew exactly what He was doing.............and the possible ramifications.......prayers to Him & His Family.........

Prayers for this strong nascar driver, Ryan is a sturdy driver, this crash could have killed a smaller driver, hang in there Ryan.

I saw an interview not too long ago. He was asked about retirement, and replied that he just didn't know. He had thought in the past he would give it up at 40, but is now 42. He may think a little harder on it now.

No ones fault but NASCAR for creating a "level playing field" also known as pack racing
Owners and Drivers hate it.
Some dumbass 'thrill seeking' fans like all the carnage.

Consider that Cup cars have been going 195+ since the 1970s. 218 in 1987.
Take 40 250mph cars and slow them down to 200 and this is what happens at Daytona and Talladega

28 drivers killed in official nascar sanctioned races from 1952 until Dale in 2001. Zero since. Hope that continues.

Just let me start by saying thank God he's alive. But nothing will ever change in that sport it's a sport of maximum speed full of aggressive driving every driver knows the risks and gladly takes them every time he gets on the track. It comes with the territory and it always will it's amazing more people don't die. But hats off to a great Sport and the drivers who do it!

-
Back