Prayers For toolmanmike....

-
A quick before photo with my new favorite t shirt.

20190718_073744.jpg

BUT, the good news, it's behind You, and You'll change Your lifestyle and will watch what Ya eat. Your gonna feel great, probably when Ya get Your strength back and get rid of some of the soreness, Ya gonna end up crashing in the garage workin' on that ol' Dart. Guess Ya see, We all was thinkin' bout Ya.

OK, where did Ya get that shirt? gotta have one of them, Ya lookin' good Toolman!

Last edited:
Just a quick update. Thanks to all of you for your support prayers and well-wishes. Let me tell you this, they give you some really good stuff when they operate on you but as soon as that wears off then reality sets in. I had a rough morning this morning had a hard time breathing, very shallow and if you cough it just about kills you but then I needed to cough because I had some phlegm in my throat but all is getting better once we got on top of the pain meds. I've been sitting up in a chair for a few hours at a time and I'm breathing through one of these little machines and doing quite well I'm doing a better job of transitioning between the bed and the chair without hurting a lot. I have 3 drain tubes in. They're about the size of a dime or maybe a penny and hopefully those will come out in a day or two two. Problem is they go up in between your rib cage and your lungs so it really hurts on both sides your ribs when you have to cough or even the hiccups LOL. They say I'm really doing very very well for just getting out of surgery yesterday afternoon so if that's good news thanks again for all your support guys it really means a lot.

Well of course you're doing good. You're a Mopar guy. I hope you told um that. Get well man!

Just a quick update. Thanks to all of you for your support prayers and well-wishes. Let me tell you this, they give you some really good stuff when they operate on you but as soon as that wears off then reality sets in. I had a rough morning this morning had a hard time breathing, very shallow and if you cough it just about kills you but then I needed to cough because I had some phlegm in my throat but all is getting better once we got on top of the pain meds. I've been sitting up in a chair for a few hours at a time and I'm breathing through one of these little machines and doing quite well I'm doing a better job of transitioning between the bed and the chair without hurting a lot. I have 3 drain tubes in. They're about the size of a dime or maybe a penny and hopefully those will come out in a day or two two. Problem is they go up in between your rib cage and your lungs so it really hurts on both sides your ribs when you have to cough or even the hiccups LOL. They say I'm really doing very very well for just getting out of surgery yesterday afternoon so if that's good news thanks again for all your support guys it really means a lot.
It's awsome you feel well enough to type out an update.
thumbs_up-gif.gif

When you think about it, it is really amazing. You had heart surgery YESTERDAY, and you're moving from your bed to a chair and back!! I know you have a ways to go but dang!!

Lots of prayers and modern medicine. What a great combination.

Great to hear everything is going so well. Good luck with a speedy recovery

My scruffy Angels reported they are having a fine time with the Hot nurses you mentioned in the Coffee Stop and hope you don't mind the burnout contests in the hallway.

hqdefault.jpg

So tired today
Your body has been through a lot in the last week or so... all the stress of thinking about the surgery, all the tests leading up to it, and the surgery itself, then you have the recovery with all the poking and prodding and it all adds up to needing rest. Very understandable that you are so tired. But that will get better! Just think about how you will feel this fall when the leaves start turning, apples are ripening and pumpkins need carving and cooler temperatures!!!

Prayers.... Takes awhile to get the junk out of your system!!! Keep on the mend... Slow deep breaths... Got to keep the OX flowing... Need NOS, we can ship.... lol
Feel better soon... :)

Thinking of you Mike and sending a prayer this morning. The pain sucks but pretty soon it will be just a memory and you have a good heart valve and blood flow to show for it...thanks for the update!

Yo TMM, Hemi and I came to visit you on the Cardio floor. We had a sack full of greasy burgers, a couple of pizza slices and a fair amount of Shandy tucked under our arm. We were unceremoniously tossed off the floor by one of those cute little nurses you were talking about with no sense of humor. She was muttering something about the grease dripping on the floor after it had soaked thru the bag and we may or may not have been sipping a nice single malt on the way. She started explaining about your new diet or something. Hah! We said we could trade out for a more healthy version and so we came back with some fried chicken and sausage gravy, she looked at us like WTF? We explained it was health food, to no avail. So we left yet again and returned with option three, a pure liquid diet of single malts and Shandy. At this point she threw her hands up in the air and in an exasperated voice With adjectives shouted, get out you idiots and get that dumb dog off my floor or I am calling the Sheriffs. Hemi and I beat feet before they tossed us in the clink. Reckon we will just have to wait and see ya once you get back home.

Yo TMM, Hemi and I came to visit you on the Cardio floor. We had a sack full of greasy burgers, a couple of pizza slices and a fair amount of Shandy tucked under our arm. We were unceremoniously tossed off the floor by one of those cute little nurses you were talking about with no sense of humor. She was muttering something about the grease dripping on the floor after it had soaked thru the bag and we may or may not have been sipping a nice single malt on the way. She started explaining about your new diet or something. Hah! We said we could trade out for a more healthy version and so we came back with some fried chicken and sausage gravy, she looked at us like WTF? We explained it was health food, to no avail. So we left yet again and returned with option three, a pure liquid diet of single malts and Shandy. At this point she threw her hands up in the air and in an exasperated voice With adjectives shouted, get out you idiots and get that dumb dog off my floor or I am calling the Sheriffs. Hemi and I beat feet before they tossed us in the clink. Reckon we will just have to wait and see ya once you get back home.

"SECURITY!!!!" :rofl:

-
Back