Prayers For toolmanmike....

-
He just shut somebody's for sale ad down in the for sale section, so he's officially back on the job. What a prick. Glad to see you ain't lost nuthin. LMAO

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup:

feelbettersoon02.gif

Hello Mike, Glad your doing well. It was great seeing you at Carlisle. Your car looks awesome with the new wheels !

Mike I saw a couple of things at a car show to help you to get around at car shows while your healing up.

A Honda 360 cc walker with roller skates and a 6 speed trans.
IMG_0902.JPG
walker 3.JPG

If you get too tired you could use one of these.
IMG_0903.JPG

The blue one's a wheel barrow and has a Honda Goldwing motor.
The other is a Harley wagon.

Thought you'd get a kick out of these.
Get well soon!
Tom

Speedy recovery, and glad your doing well! Take Care

Very good news, there TMM! Just steady and slow on the recovery. Regaining strength in the heart is the key and it just takes its time.

I am doing pretty good. Still having a hard time getting comfortable to sleep but I have been spending more time in my bed instead of the recliner. I can't stand to wear a shirt. My chest hairs are growing back and a shirt makes it feel like Velcro. LOL I have been using only Tylenol for pain and I have cut back to 1 500 mg. 3 times a day.Getting better. Thanks all.

19 days post op. Mitral valve repair and 1 bypass. I decided to put my pride in my pocket, strip off my shirt, (which is bugging me to wear) and go for a walk around the block. I have been walking around the house (1500+ steps a day) so I walked 6 blocks today. The last 2 were up hill and I was a little winded but I recovered quickly. It felt good.

No doubt a spectacle LOL! That is very good to hear TMM. Steady progress; keep up the exercise but don't overdo it. It'll heal on its timetable.

Did the valve just 'wear out'? I don't know much about those.

No doubt a spectacle LOL! That is very good to hear TMM. Steady progress; keep up the exercise but don't overdo it. It'll heal on its timetable.

Did the valve just 'wear out'? I don't know much about those.
It's called Mitral Valve prolapse. It got repaired and they did a bypass while they were in there.

Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) occurs when the leaflets of the mitral valve bulge (prolapse) into the heart's left upper chamber (left atrium) like a parachute during the heart's contraction.

Mitral (MY-trul) valve prolapse sometimes leads to blood leaking backward into the left atrium, a condition called mitral valve regurgitation.

In most people, mitral valve prolapse isn't life-threatening and doesn't require treatment or changes in lifestyle. Some people with mitral valve prolapse, however, require treatment.

Symptoms
Although mitral valve prolapse is usually a lifelong disorder, many people with this condition never have symptoms. When diagnosed, people may be surprised to learn that they have a heart condition.

When signs and symptoms do occur, it may be because blood is leaking backward through the valve (regurgitation). Mitral valve prolapse symptoms can vary widely from one person to another. They tend to be mild and develop gradually. Symptoms may include:

• A racing or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
  • Dizziness or lightheadedness
  • Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, often when lying flat or during physical activity
  • Fatigue
  • Chest pain that's not caused by a heart attack or coronary artery disease
When to see a doctor
If you think you have any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor.

Many other conditions cause the same symptoms as mitral valve prolapse, so only a visit to your doctor can determine the cause of your symptoms. If you're having chest pain and you're unsure if it could be a heart attack, seek emergency medical care immediately.

If you've already been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse, see your doctor if your symptoms worsen.

Request an Appointment at Mayo Clinic
Causes
When your heart is working properly, the mitral valve closes completely during contraction of the left ventricle and prevents blood from flowing back into your heart's upper left chamber (left atrium).

But in some people with mitral valve prolapse, one or both of the mitral valve's flaps (leaflets) have extra tissue bulging (prolapsing) like a parachute into the left atrium each time the heart contracts.

The bulging may keep the valve from closing tightly. When blood leaks backward through the valve, it's called mitral valve regurgitation.

Be thinking of Ya man, You'll be up and around before Ya know it, besides I'm sure we'll have plenty of post
s to be delete, modify, etc. gotta keep Us in line Ya know.
I'm second on keeping us in line. We are a unruly bunch. Toolman, our prayers for a speedy recovery and love and support to your family from ours.

-
Back