Prescription Safety Glasses

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
I'll be turning 56 shortly and were I work safety glasses are mandatory. So mandatory that you'll canned on the spot and the union won't help, nor should they.

The factory supplies cheap **** glasses that scratch, fog etc. BUT, we are allowed an allowance for prescription PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) a year. I went and got my eyes checked (free under our VSP Coverage) and found out what I thought, I can't see **** under an arms length anymore, but beyond that my vision excels. So, I had her write a prescription for lineless readers.

I sent it out to a company called SafteyRX (recommended by our in house OSHA guy) in the style I wanted and enough money left over for some other glasses for shooting, grinding, etc. They should show up in the next week or so but my Wife's glasses did arrive and are way cool looking and very, very thick. Mil spec IIRC... I'll let you all know how hers work for her, she is wearing contacts today so I won't know until she wakes up.

I know for sure everything I ordered was at least Z87+ rated so we will see.

As a side note, when working on our beasts we should all be wearing decent eye protection. Man, I had to get some aluminum shards out of my eyes in my early 20's from porting bike heads and it was like torture.... Back then all we had was those shitty yellowed plastic googles, it's much better now.

Most everything nowadays is polycarbonite or safety "glass" (plastic). That's all I've gotten the past several years. I'm sure you probably already know to save any paperwork for proof.

Most everything nowadays is polycarbonite or safety "glass" (plastic). That's all I've gotten the past several years. I'm sure you probably already know to save any paperwork for proof.

I've already been reimbursed. ;) There is no glass that can stand z87+ or milspec impact you can see through.

Yeah, the polycarbonite is some badass chit.

You can even get self darkening "transition" lenses, scratch coatings, anti-fog, the list goes on. My ears are going from all the years of loud bikes and cars. My eyes are all I have left.

You can even get self darkening "transition" lenses, scratch coatings, anti-fog, the list goes on. My ears are going from all the years of loud bikes and cars. My eyes are all I have left.
Got um. lol

-
Back