Pro Flo 4 Tablet

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I purchased a pro flo 4 for my small block and it came without the tablet.

Does any one know what table I should get to work with the edelbrock system?

TIA

Does the Pro-Flow 4 need (a proprietary) one? I would think it would be bluetooth or USB for sure? I have a Pro-Flow 1 and it has an RJ11 (phone style) connector. Does the Pro-flow 4 have one? It looks to be a standard Android tablet. Try craigslist or Goodwill. Dont get an $$ Ipad, probably not compatible.

Does the Pro-Flow 4 need (a proprietary) one? I would think it would be bluetooth or USB for sure? I have a Pro-Flow 1 and it has an RJ11 (phone style) connector. Does the Pro-flow 4 have one? It looks to be a standard Android tablet. Try craigslist or Goodwill. Dont get an $$ Ipad, probably not compatible.

i think it is Bluetooth, i really have no clue when it comes to android devices or their operating systems.. I will check out amazon and get an inexpensive tablet I guess.

Does it have to be a tablet? I just bought a $169 chrome book at Walmart, small,light and a real keyboard.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about them. I did find this

https://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf/proflo.pdf

Quick start and tuner manual

https://misc.edelbrock.com/forum/63-35761.pdf

From page 11

proflo.jpg

Personally I think this is a REAL CHICKENSHIT way to run an outfit. "Android" REALLY? And you must "play" with "Google play" or the 'App store" or some crap?

At least Holley makes stuff downloadable---even if it is Microcrap

Thanks for posting this question--it answers mine--"why I won't be" buying Ed EFI anytime soon

I think its brilliant. Keeps the tuner at bay in the car (in your lap) while your setting up parameters, not tethered to a PC or laptop with an umbilical cord (ala Paul's Evo in 'Fast and Furious' 1!) . And its a universal platform, no proprietary junk that can break and not be replaced. Just make sure your tablet has the required resolution! The majority of the uber cheap used ones are 800x480. Most modern ones are good enough. The Google play is just a vetted platform that prevents you from downloading a malicious app that can brick your tablet or install badware. Apple has it too but demands money for the app to be in its library. Im sure the app is free.

I have a Amazon tablet that I use for mine. The problem is that you have to jailbreak it to download from the Google play store. Not to hard to do. Any android based tablet that can download the app from the google store will work. Do you have an android phone? That should work also.

There is also now a App on the Apple AppStore if you have an iPhone or iPad.

I think its brilliant. Keeps the tuner at bay in the car (in your lap) while your setting up parameters, not tethered to a PC or laptop with an umbilical cord (ala Paul's Evo in 'Fast and Furious' 1!) . And its a universal platform, no proprietary junk that can break and not be replaced. Just make sure your tablet has the required resolution! The majority of the uber cheap used ones are 800x480. Most modern ones are good enough. The Google play is just a vetted platform that prevents you from downloading a malicious app that can brick your tablet or install badware. Apple has it too but demands money for the app to be in its library. Im sure the app is free.
PCs have wireless too ya know. Requiring Android is not "universal." Apps are not "universal." I agree Apple is a mess If android was handled like regular website downloads it would not be so bad. Last there should be a way of running Android apps on Linux. But the biggest issue for us old guys is that Android tends to be smaller physical platforms......and hard to see. I've tried to find a way to run Android on a laptop, and, if possible it takes way too much fiddlin

Really? Mine came with one-cracked across the whole of the screen. Screw Apple. The needed stuff-tells you there in the instructions what you'll need. I went to Walmart and just got a android tablet, it was a Onn I believe, $50 or so, and then download the app, pretty simple. Need any help PM me and see what I can do. When you get ready to start it-it will fire up, keep that in mind.
And its also just that simple-don't over think it. You don't have to pay for the app-Google don't charge you for it. The plus's over the Holley set up stuff-your in real time with self learning, pretty much a no brainer. Not making your better half hold the PC/laptop is a plus too...so many advantages. Blue tooth, no need of a key board or mouse junk,
And heres a bonus-saw a guy close his hood without picking his up and moving it. Hood won, unit was beyond destroyed.

20210911_183507.jpg

20210816_123135_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded the APP for my iphone, I am going to give that a shot..

I downloaded the APP for my iphone, I am going to give that a shot..
So keep in mind, you get phone calls and texts on that, right? Had done that on my phone-calls or texts would shut me down every time, thats when and why I got the tablet, phone calls don't go there...I would have to restart it every little thing with the phone.

-
Back