pro race w2

-

1970 La

Reaction score
I started mocking up my engine with the w2's. Was wondering about my t&d rockers I had to shim the bar up .140 to get the valve tip to run in the center of the valve does this seem like a lot of shim? I called t&d and they said it would be fine so thats what i will go with. (.600 lift) 5.300 long valve.

The pushrod length is another concern looks like 8.370 but i am goining to wait on them until i get the heads milled and the valve job done. Looks like a lot of grinding is going to be needed to clear the push rods. I was hopping that someone here has used theese same heads. 65cc push rod oiling. thanks

That's strange. I wouldn't like such a long pushrod myself. Usually when you order the T&D's they ask you what length your valves are. J.Rob

I talked to them just today and ask them if my valve length was the problem he said they make a set for 5.300 and 5.100. When theese were orderd i am sure they knew this.
Something does not seem right with the push rods holes they wont clear a 5/16 cheking tool. Their all the way against the intake side of the hole. Their is a machined spot were the push rod runs on the intake push rod. I am not going to start grinding untill i know for sure any help is appreciated.
i am going to take some pics tonight and I will post them.

T&d just called me back and they are for the 5.300 valve!

Here is what I am working with.

Attachments

• valve 1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 176
  • valve 2.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 174
  • valve 3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 180
  • valve 4.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 161
  • valve 5.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 153