Pro Touring 72 Demon build

-
Yeah, I'm not too sure why. Being more high profile its easier to notice when it does come up for sale is part fo it. I missed it the second time it came up for sale and was fortunate enough to be able to buy it from Lilcuda when he sold it. Then the same story with the guy who bought it from me.

Anyways. here's where I'm at now. Getting things bolted in place and test fitting some others.

IMG_2003.jpg

Current update. Lots of things are bolted up and in place. Had to take the T bars loose and "clearance" the headers. I have Dougs D453 and both sides needed persuading with a big hammer to fit the 1:20 T bars. The Z bar and clutch linkage is all done and adjusted. Radiator and hoses are done. I'm working on getting the exhaust finished up. I got a Pypes kit and it fits pretty well. Working on getting a driveshaft, the one I had in the shed was from a 3 spd which has a smaller yoke. Windshield will be here tomorrow so I hope to get that in Saturday.

Xpipe.jpg

nice build, nice how fast your getting this done. more info please, on the air cleaner setup

Awesome build and it looks like your doing it the right way, the number one mistake I made on mine was doing the paint and body before all the final mechanical fit was complete. Now unfortunately it needs repainted.

Windshield is in. Exhaust is done. Fuel pump installed & wired. Tank connections done. Driveshaft is currently being made. Front end has been double checked and torqued to spec. Grille is mounted and front bumper is in place. Horns mounted. Next up is getting the brake system bled. Then adding fluids to everything. Start up and drive!

Finally!! I get to see how the hood actually looks on a car! Nice Dart, BTW! Its been 5 weeks since I ordered it so the hood should be done anyday now!

Thanks a408Cuda Kursplat, and Abodyjim!! Kursplat, the air cleaner is something I got off of Ebay a few years ago. It's similar to an early nineties Dakota or a van air cleaner, so my guess is that somebody added a second snorkel to one of those. The plastic elbow snaps in place which is cool. I bought a Spectre ram air hose kit for it that fits the elbows perfectly. Unfortunately, its not playing nice with my carb float adjuster. so I may use a homemade 71 unsilenced air cleaner temporarily.
Here's what I think the air cleaner is: Air Cleaner for 92-95 Dodge Dakota | eBay

IMG_2113.jpg

Last edited:
Current update. Lots of things are bolted up and in place. Had to take the T bars loose and "clearance" the headers. I have Dougs D453 and both sides needed persuading with a big hammer to fit the 1:20 T bars. The Z bar and clutch linkage is all done and adjusted. Radiator and hoses are done. I'm working on getting the exhaust finished up. I got a Pypes kit and it fits pretty well. Working on getting a driveshaft, the one I had in the shed was from a 3 spd which has a smaller yoke. Windshield will be here tomorrow so I hope to get that in Saturday.

View attachment 1715349326

So, I take it those headers would fit perfectly , if u didn`t have torsion bars ??

Yes, they fit really good.The fat T bars take up a lot of room in tight places. If running those bars in the future I'g probably go with TTI shorties or something close to it.

Thanks fez440 and R4sedan!
This weeks update. Still waiting on the driveshaft. Hood is done and in transit!! Column is in, wheel centered, and the car has been string aligned. Wiring is all hooked up. Brakes have been bled.
Next up, getting the trunk mounted battery installed and running the cable. I'm also working on getting the subframe connectors welded in, one side is fitted/cut already. After that will be welding in the torque boxes. The front ride height is probably too low, but I'm digging where it's at, rear is too high. A few trips around the block usually get it settled down and adjustments will be made afterwards. Theres a Mopar show here on July 25 and I will have it done by then. Not much left now!
Demon20.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

Car is basically done. Just sorting out little stuff at this point. My old AMX came up for sale and I won't pass that opportunity up again, so this one needs to go. But I'm in no rush and will keep refining this one. I had a few set backs, as usual with this stuff. The exhaust system sounds really good, I'm impressed with the Pypes system, especially when compared to a TTI system that costs almost twice as much!

CL1.jpg

Fullpass.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

CL13.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back