Probably should of added oil

-
S

Secret Santa

I got a phone call from my neighbor and he asked me to look at his snowblower after work. I said no problem, whats going on with it? He said well, I forgot to put oil in it and I think I broke it.

I think he did! If the cylinder wall didnt have that chunk taken out I would had thrown a new connecting rod and crank in it. I bet he only ran it a dozen times over the past 3 years.

IMG_20161228_163421744.jpg
IMG_20161228_163437724.jpg
IMG_20161228_163448168.jpg

LMAO...well tis the season..I just did one for my neighbor, same issue NO OIL!
Hummmm Tecumseh he said...I said the brand doesn't matter none of them run well without oil lol

i had that same damage happen to a tecumseh that had plenty of good oil on it
granted...that one was almost 30 years old

Im not sure who made this engine, it was on a Craftsman. Does anyone have a good idea if I should be able to match one up at a place like Northern Tool?

Craftsman, could be a Briggs & Stratton or a Tecumseh. A crank, rod, piston and rings it may be salvageable? Worth a try....that chip at the bottom could maybe be dressed up, the piston skirt doesn't go that far down and are actually across the other sides of the bore.... maybe...maybe...

My neighbor's son did that to my lawnmower several years ago. He borrowed it so he could go mow someone's lawn, and when he brought it back he said it just died and wouldn't start again. I took a look at it, and the rod was sticking out of the block. I know it had oil in it when he borrowed it. I don't know what the hell he did!

After spending most of the evening trying to find out the brand of engine. I found out MTD makes all of craftsman snowblowers. So I was able to finally locate the parts and for less than a new engine from Northern Tool (that I thought would work out), I will have a new crankcase half, crankshaft, connecting rod, piston and rings. That should make it good as new again.

After spending most of the evening trying to find out the brand of engine. I found out MTD makes all of craftsman snowblowers. So I was able to finally locate the parts and for less than a new engine from Northern Tool (that I thought would work out), I will have a new crankcase half, crankshaft, connecting rod, piston and rings. That should make it good as new again.

I dont see oil on that list. LOL

"Should of" is not correct and is not a verb......

"Should have" however is a verb and is the correct form.

Grammar lesson for the day. lol

The new grammar editor ? lol It seems some may need some tech advise, you may want to stick to your current position.
Oil is needed in the internal combustion engine for maximum reliability.

The new grammar editor ? lol It seems some may need some tech advise, you may want to stick to your current position.
Oil is needed in the internal combustion engine for maximum reliability.
Oil is overrated...at least in the very short term....was building a hot rod out of a 83 Ford Ranger, that little 2.8v6 ran for 50 minutes after I pulled the drain plug...ran another 40 after it cooled down...lol...

to bad your so far north of me, i have a 10 HP Tecumseh engine with zero hours on it, i would sell you for cheap

"Should of" is not correct and is not a verb......

"Should have" however is a verb and is the correct form.

Grammar lesson for the day. lol

ill see your grammar lesson, and raise you a history lesson...

201605_1243_chfbf_sm.jpg

to bad your so far north of me, i have a 10 HP Tecumseh engine with zero hours on it, i would sell you for cheap

Thanks for the thought. I just received an email saying that MTD now has all the parts on back order for 4 weeks. I guess its up to the neighbor now if he wants to wait that long.

-
Back