Probably the most expensive 1965 Dart ever.

-

Stumpy

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
When a 65 /6 4-dr is worth more than a Dart Charger.

Sorry Ulf. ;-)

NIRVANA: KURT COBAIN PERSONALLY OWNED 1965 DODGE DART - WITH NFT •

399EE26E-7F5C-4F0A-8ECC-7641ACE4AE97.jpeg

Not to me either, but someone thought it was. Cars are only worth what people will pay for them.
It's a beautiful little Dart. I love it for what it is. .....and although his music is not in my top tier of taste, I do tap my foot to Nirvana. I like it. I mean......that'd be like someone payin 50k for a pair of Courtney Love's panties and I ain't doin that either. LMAO

I'm actually surprised it didn't sell for $1 million. With some marketing, I imagine it will someday.

“Kurt was interested in vehicle safety and often drove 10 mph under the speed limit”

well OK, but a guy interested in safety doesn't put a gun to his head

I'd buy it if I was worth 100's of million, you also need the hat and glasses when you go cruising :)

1667343295250.png

How much for the car and how much for the NFT? It's almost like they threw the actual car in as an afterthought. :realcrazy:

I might as well be the ***. I did not approve of or like Kobain OR his "music," OR his lovely whatever the other she was, or HER "music." Frankly if an item came up for sale, and it came to my attention that "it had been owned by," I'd be VERY likely to pass, regardless of the price.

Nirvana is my favorite band, I’ve always wanted to see his 63 Valiant. That’s the car he actually drove and lived out of at one point. I’m not surprised how much it sold for, music memorabilia is crazy profitable if the artist is dead. Even more so if the death was tragic.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly.
They go to a lake of fire and fry.
See'em again till the fourth July.

The only celebrity owned car I'd love to have is Karen Carpenter's '62 300H convertible, but only because I'd love to have the car. I was, and still am, a fan of her and her brother's music, but I wouldn't pay a premium to own it. A friend of mine has Dennis Wilson's '35 Ford roadster. It's a cool bit of history, but in the end the car is what it is. There's no way I'd pay a premium for a plain Dart just because somebody famous owned it...

a guy interested in safety doesn't put a gun to his head
He might (and did); the one has nothing to do with the other. It's not nice to be scornful and dismissive of mental illness and addiction.

But a guy interested in safety doesn't drive a 1965 car, unless he has no choice because he's living in 1965.

Last edited:
He might (and did); the one has nothing to do with the other. It's not nice to be scornful and dismissive of mental illness and addiction.

But a guy interested in safety doesn't drive a 1965 car, unless he has no choice because he's living in 1965.
You are making fun of his lack of knowledge in driving a 60’s car in thinking of safety, brought on by his mental illness and or addiction. Shame on you

It sold for only 15 bitcoins. The price of many things is surprising in today's meme-world. Note "NFT" in the ad, meaning "Non-Fungible Token" which is digital ownership of almost anything, recorded in a blockchain. The NFT here was a digital recording of Curt talking about his old Dart, which the buyer now has exclusive "ownership" (though already in the public domain?).

-
Back