Problems with FCA on a new truck warranty.

-
Ah,ok. I've owned a 95, 03 DRW, 04,07 and now this 18. I've never modded any of them. Probably why I never lost a 46RE,47RE or 48Re trans. The 07 had 385K on it when I sold it. I drive ALOT, but I drive like a little ol man. Thou all of them towed their fair share.

Talk to your insurance agent and tell them the truck is under warranty but you're going to have to have the insurance fix it because your dealer won't.
Your agent will contact FCA about it and tell them they better fix it, because your Insurance sure won't want to pay for it.:D

Pit them against each other and I bet you get some pretty quick results.
Car insurance paying for repairs? Now that's a new one.

Well I'm going to wait and see what FCA investigation finds. I've dealt with Chrysler customer support in the past when I bought my 95 2500 new. Hell they even had my home phone number for contact and I haven't had a home phone in 10 years. Hell this is the 7th Ram 4x4 cummins I've owned since 94.
You should have some customer clout there.

Usually, when there is a whining noise coming from the back, the wife is sitting in the back seat.
LOL

Honestly the chip guys give you more “usable” power and better economy to haul. My deal was always wait till the warranty was up before doing it.

When I bought the 00 5.7 it already had 10Ok on it with a unique full power box “chip” but it was not usable other than smoking the 4 rears and sending the 5ver sideways. Went to the Edge and got usable power increase and “much” better economy. 100 miles a tank!

When time, I hope the 2015 6.7 responds the same and gets even more power and better economy if possible!

I read the first post and didn't care to read the rest.

You can take your warranty and wipe your *** with it. FCA will not cover ANYTHING without a fight and a lawyer. My wife's Challenger sat in my garage while lawyers fought....and now we've given up. It's getting traded in. The window/door opening **** has never worked. The power rack tries to kill you randomly. The sunroof leaks. The radio/GPS is convinced it lives in Ballston Spa NY. The 6spd skip shift has locked out 2nd and 3rd gear. And the motor is so fucked up it's not even funny. It sounds like a diesel sewing machine, and a minivan could kick it's ***. The service techs at three different dealerships have told us what's wrong, and FCA refuses to fix anything. They deny the problems and then call in a regional service manager. You are not allowed to see or speak to this Jedi. He only writes that all is acceptable and to deny any warranty claims...yes, they cancelled our $3,000 FCA optional warranty, and didn't give us a dime back.

Good luck. Just suck it up and move on. My wife finally learned her lesson, and after 3 Challengers, 11yrs, @$140k, she has moved on. Thankfully we got a dealer to take this POS on trade in.

You can take your warranty and wipe your *** with it. FCA will not cover ANYTHING without a fight and a lawyer. My wife's Challenger sat in my garage while lawyers fought....and now we've given up. It's getting traded in. The window/door opening **** has never worked. The power rack tries to kill you randomly. The sunroof leaks. The radio/GPS is convinced it lives in Ballston Spa NY. The 6spd skip shift has locked out 2nd and 3rd gear. And the motor is so fucked up it's not even funny. It sounds like a diesel sewing machine, and a minivan could kick it's ***. The service techs at three different dealerships have told us what's wrong, and FCA refuses to fix anything. They deny the problems and then call in a regional service manager. You are not allowed to see or speak to this Jedi. He only writes that all is acceptable and to deny any warranty claims...yes, they cancelled our $3,000 FCA optional warranty, and didn't give us a dime back.

Good luck. Just suck it up and move on. My wife finally learned her lesson, and after 3 Challengers, 11yrs, @$140k, she has moved on. Thankfully we got a dealer to take this POS on trade in.
Ouch!

In the end, if I have to, I'll get some signs made stating some negative advertising and park outside Jeff Smith Dodge Ram in Perry Ga. and see what kind of interest I can muster. Hell I'm retired, I got plenty of time.

There is always one that has the luck. Sorry it was you!

Not really 3 different corp owners. Plus you know with new car sales, your only considered a god till you sign the contract.
And then only until you walk out of the showroom. We just bought a 18 Buick Envision for the wifee and got it from a small town family owned dealer that I used to sell tools to before I retired. Great folks, great service, and I talk to the owner everytime I stop by. No problems with it yet.

In the end, if I have to, I'll get some signs made stating some negative advertising and park outside Jeff Smith Dodge Ram in Perry Ga. and see what kind of interest I can muster. Hell I'm retired, I got plenty of time.
Good luck with that. John Johnson Dodge in NJ has been fighting us for years. The bastard even sends us Christmas cards off there automated list. You and your truck mean nothing.

Roy,

Saw a new 2019 3500 Dually next to us at the campground a week or so ago. Noticed the rear axle is not the same as the 2015 American Axle in ours. It had no finned cover I am used to seeing in these larger trucks and generally looked a bit different. Wonder if they changed something at American Axle at the old Hamtramck plant.

And yes TDR is a great resource usually, they have got me through a 911 before! Remember that most of them are OTR guys that buy these trucks and wear them out in a year or two though, through tough hauling. Generally with loads of 4 of these or equal on there backs!

I have a lifetime warranty on my 08 300c, it has recently hit over 110k miles and every repair takes extra time to get approval. Now we are battling over excessive oil consumption. Anything over 1 quarts in 2000 has to be repaired. I took it in because it almost ran dry between oil changes. The dealership found several leaks and a bad oil pressure sensor code. FCA dragged their feet for a week before they denied any of that was an issue and they said there was no evidence of excessive oil consumption. So I got an oil change and said I would be back in 1000 miles. After 5 weeks and 800 miles the stuck sensor, failed and it was low a quart so I took it back. They fixed the sensor and replaced the pan and timing cover and valve cover gaskets and scratched my fender and broke my valve cover then had the nerve to ask me for another deductible, that was not happening I had already brought it in to fix this issue and paid a deductible. So they overfilled my engine with 0w20, I never run that thin, and I plan on going back after another 1000 miles to see how much oil is being used. Oh and my AC just broke, again. The dealership has been pretty good to me, except for the scratch. They paid the extra deductible, FCA would not budge and neither would I, so I think they just ate it. $100.

I have a lifetime warranty on my 08 300c, it has recently hit over 110k miles and every repair takes extra time to get approval. Now we are battling over excessive oil consumption. Anything over 1 quarts in 2000 has to be repaired. I took it in because it almost ran dry between oil changes. The dealership found several leaks and a bad oil pressure sensor code. FCA dragged their feet for a week before they denied any of that was an issue and they said there was no evidence of excessive oil consumption. So I got an oil change and said I would be back in 1000 miles. After 5 weeks and 800 miles the stuck sensor, failed and it was low a quart so I took it back. They fixed the sensor and replaced the pan and timing cover and valve cover gaskets and scratched my fender and broke my valve cover then had the nerve to ask me for another deductible, that was not happening I had already brought it in to fix this issue and paid a deductible. So they overfilled my engine with 0w20, I never run that thin, and I plan on going back after another 1000 miles to see how much oil is being used. Oh and my AC just broke, again. The dealership has been pretty good to me, except for the scratch. They paid the extra deductible, FCA would not budge and neither would I, so I think they just ate it. $100.

How do you get a lifetime warranty on an 08?

I bought a 2017 1500 5.7 4x4 crew and bought that 99 year 999,000 mile warranty. But when I read the fine print, it states that when the repair cost is more than the value of the vehicle, they reserve the right to give you the value of the vehicle instead of repairing it. Not sure if yours is the same one or not.

Not sure. It seems like mine is the same as my 07, 04 and 03. But I couldn't swear to it.

It was noticeably different to me. First thing I saw and picked up on! Not including the cover.

-
Back