Problems with FCA on a new truck warranty.

Mopar General Discussions

1. Pascamp

Pascamp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    When you buy a brand new Chrysler product you can buy a toilet paper lifetime warranty. It costs roughly $3000 and is transferable. They suckered my wife 3 times into this. It's a no nonsense lifetime warranty. It is absolutely worthless and they will cancel it the first time the wind blows.

I own GM trucks for my business and they will damn near buy us dinner for the least bit of inconvenience. I have 6 trucks on the road, and my wife likes muscle cars. FCA will never see a dime from us again.

2. 1969383S

1969383S FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:

I have yet to see a “unlimited lifetime” warranty on any vehicle offered by any manufacturer period. Maybe a part or two but never a whole vehicle! Perhaps these are offered by third parties or so, who knows. Read the print and carefully! Not to say they may not be offered, but I have never seen such!

3. Pascamp

Pascamp Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Direct from Chrysler. Bumper to bumper, lifetime! FCA, consumers, and lawyers have been having fun for years with this warranty.

To my knowledge it's only available if you finance through Mopar. They wouldn't give us it if we paid cash(so we financed a small balance through them to get the warranty). They haven't covered jack squat! Can't even open or close the doors without drama. The window either has to be pried open, or the doors slammed shut to let the rain in. Awesome !

4. 1969383S

1969383S FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I only opted for a warranty after ripping the front off the truck to install some killer side lighting after purchase, and noticed the headlights were sealed units. The dash also scared me with advanced features for Nav and such. These high end trucks have so many features! I purchased the extended warranty well after purchase. Almost a year later. It served me no good as nothing has failed. A waist of money it was. The warranty is now over and gave us piece of mind but ended up just money in the trash. Finance guys are the worst part of buying a new vehicle. I always opt out of the BS they are trying to sell there.

If you have a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty in such and in plain writing then any lawyer worth their salt will get you and themself satisfaction. I suspect there are clauses in it that have you upset and venting you did not consider.

5. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    thats exactly what they told me when i callen them 10 or so years ago.. i told them that the dealership has their name onit and is a direct reflection of them... they put me on hold, while on hold i kept getting a call trying to breaki n. after i hung up with chrysler i checked the messages and guess who it was. yup the dealer asking when i could bring the car in for repairs... shouldn't have had to come to that though. never had any issue like that with toyota or honda, they actually care about customer service in most cases.. but this is only my personal experiences others may differ...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • MiradaMegaCab

MiradaMegaCab Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      1:24 PM
      Many people have the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, including myself on my 07 MegaCab. I’ve had many issues with several stealerships denying covered parts on the LifeTime warranty.
      It’s up to the stealership to either work with you or fuck with you. The stealership can actually “RedFlag” your vehicle in the system by entering your VIN in to FCA to void the warranty.
      I’ve been threatened by several dealers about this but by standing my ground with the dealers service manager, luckily I’ve never been red flagged.
      Needless to say I’m actually not allowed to several local stealerships.... ugh

https://www.warrantyweek.com/library/ww20090813/chrysler-lifetime-warranty.pdf

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • Hellrats

Hellrats Still wrenching after all these years FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        You guy's need to find another dealership. I've been working at the same one for 30 plus years and I can tell you that wouldn't happen where I work. There have been problems with radios. But the rear differential is BS. I would have just ordered parts and fixed it. I'll bet the dealers warranty numbers are to high and they don't want to get audited.

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • toolmanmike

toolmanmike FABO Staff Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          Exactly. Often there are politics behind the scenes. It sucks for the customer.

• rustycowll69

rustycowll69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          11:24 AM
          a couple of years ago, I used to hang out on the Ram Forum, and there used to be some woman in FCA Customer Service/Customer Relations, that monitored the forum and would step in and mediate warranty claim problems. I can't remember her name, because I've slept since then, but you might try that forum, she might still be doing that and you can contact her.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • JBurch

JBurch Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            Just read thru all of this........very interesting.........sounds like it's time for a class action law suit...if FCA offers warranties and does not honor them, sounds like fraud

• Agree Agree x 2
            • MiradaMegaCab

Local Time:
              • Like Like x 1
              • SGBARRACUDA

SGBARRACUDA ROY FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                It's not just FCA, it is a way of life now days. Snake oil salesman will do and say what ever it takes to move their product. But when it comes to actually honoring these warranties, They realize that 9 out of 10 consumers are not going to do anything to these companies. So in the end it is a numbers game. deny 9 claims and actually have to fight 1 in court. This is the "profitable" route for them to take. Large companies retain law firms for a reason. You can thank lawyers for the quagmire we live in now days. We will see how this plays out.

• Agree Agree x 1
                • MiradaMegaCab

Local Time:
                  Just like the basic 3year, 36k mile warranty will only cover so much.
                  But........ An educated person would be able to argue the Federally Mandated 7 year 70k mile EMISSION warranty.
                  In which case if ur dealer is saying you need an O2 sensor or a Cat converter or PCM or Fuel injector, cool pack, etc.... One can simply argue the fact the the standard 3year/ 36k mile warranty has nothing to do with the Federally Mandated Emission Warranty That covers any and all emission components.......In some states. NY is one state where this is in force.

The California Emissions Warrantysays cars and trucks sold in California (and in other states adopting its rules) must cover design and defect issues for three years or 50,000 miles and cover certain high-cost emissions-related parts—such as catalytic converters—for seven years or 70,000 miles.

• toolmanmike

toolmanmike FABO Staff Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                  Spark plugs are an emission item!

• Daves69

Daves69 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                  Well I wouldn't expect them to worry about a differential whine since they don't seem to mind the clutch pack retainer clips failing in the 9-1/4 Corporate LSD. When they come apart they can lodge in the gearset locking it up. That could be interesting running down the interstate at speed. They may be relying on your vehicle rusting away first.

Then too, I've had excellent results with the area Mopar Rep than the selling dealer. So going up the ladder might still be beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 1
                  • Hellrats

Local Time:
                    Every part on the vehicle is covered under 3/36 for defects. Powertrain warranty is different on different vehicles. PCM and catalytic converter are cover 8/80. This is why they sell service contracts. The prices of parts is out of this world anymore. A radio can be as much as 2 grand! The aren't like what they used to be, they are computers. Blind spot sensors are a thousand each! It's crazy. But there is no way I'd be going back to that place to have my car worked on. Too bad you don't live closer I'd handle it for you.

• Hellrats

Local Time:
                    Spark plugs are a ware item. Just like belts and hoses. But if the coil fails and fouls the spark plug it can be covered.

• SGBARRACUDA

Local Time:
                    Well my case representative, Alex, called, might as well been a pre recorded message. His advice? For me to take it to a different dealer and maybe they will want to do the warranty work. Said it over and over. Never mind the dealer I bought it from and took it to. Had me take one of their techs for a ride so I could show him the whine, I did, he acknowledged the noise. But Service MGR. said it was to minor and wouldn't do anything about it!

• Don Selleck

Don Selleck Member

Local Time:
                    i took my challenger to another dealer actually 2 more, rear end was making noise, the 3rd dealer replaced the unit in about 5 hrs, after it came in from ordering, cost to me $0. its the dealer, take it somewhere else, a good dealer is hard to find, ask around, that's how i found mine, good luck!

• Agree Agree x 3
                    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                    • moparmandan

moparmandan FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                      Had the exact same experience with a little foreign car (we've owned it since it was new) my son drives to school. Actually got a letter from the manufacturer about bad headlight housings. The low beams are known to get very dim over time. And they are. Dangerously dim. The letter said to take it to the dealer to have it evaluated and housings replaced. Of course the dealer said there's nothing wrong they weren't doing it. Service mgr was a douche. He pointed at the high beam and said, "see, there's nothing."
                      Seriously?
                      It's a 2011 so I didn't expect much. Called their customer service and was told we have to shop around for a dealership that will do it. Sucks.
                      One more reason I'm going to keep my old crap and fix it myself. My blood pressure goes up whenever I get near a new car dealership.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                      • SGBARRACUDA

Local Time:
                        I'm headed back home tomorrow to Plant City Fl. Silly me I thought since I bought two trucks from JEFF SMITH DODGE RAM in PERRY GA. that they would treat me right. Wrong! So when I get home I'll try Jim Browne Dodge in Dade City. I've bought 2 new ones from them in the past a 95 and a 03.

• Like Like x 2
                        • RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod 30 Degrees Outta Whack FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                          I tell you what. That dealership right there would have a CHALLENGER sized hole in the showroom. I'd be GLAD to serve that time.

• moparmandan

moparmandan FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                          Good luck, Roy. Hope they treat you better.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                          • RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod 30 Degrees Outta Whack FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
                            I left a nice comment on Jeff Smith's Dodge dealer Facebook page.

• Like Like x 1
                            • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                            • SGBARRACUDA

Local Time:
                              Thanks, I'm to dumb to have a FB page. I tried and kept getting block by FB for suspicious activity? I never used it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                              By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.