Procar Rally Seats In 1966 Barracuda Interior

-

68Cummins

Reaction score
I haven’t posted in a while been finishing the car for the power tour. I thought I would share some pictures of my interior. I am waiting on the material to recover the rear seat to match the front. When buying from Procar be patient it takes forever to get anything.
Seat brackets:
SCA-81340
SCA-81341
Driver side will require modification to fit.
Seat:
Procar Rally Lowback

C9895584-665D-4077-873F-FADB0A2C2700.jpeg

635EEA58-3B8C-4D1B-8B93-F62D9010B5EF.jpeg

12EBB133-85BC-4655-82B3-15EC1A174B7A.jpeg

Was the LS bracket 1.75” too wide at the mounting holes? How did you modify it to work?

TIA.

Stock 273 factory 4 speed
Very good value, seats are well made, comfortable, but not for big guys.
I am 5’ 11” and 175 lbs, they fit me great.
With the stock steering wheel the bolster make it a little more difficult to get in. I plan to change the steering wheel.
Seat brackets are not all that good, best have a welder because you will be modifying them.
After 2000 miles on the power tour I can tell you more about the comfort.

image.jpg

I haven’t posted in a while been finishing the car for the power tour. I thought I would share some pictures of my interior. I am waiting on the material to recover the rear seat to match the front. When buying from Procar be patient it takes forever to get anything.
Seat brackets:
SCA-81340
SCA-81341
Driver side will require modification to fit.
Seat:
Procar Rally Lowback

View attachment 1715339030

View attachment 1715339032

View attachment 1715339033
Aside from how the brackets fit to the floor, they would appear to me to sit a little high, is that the case?

I am not a big guy, but I am 6' 2" and would rather not sit too high. For my '65 Dart I think I'm going to make brackets anyway. Because I figure I'll have to modify whatever they would send me anyway.

Thoughts?

Aside from how the brackets fit to the floor, they would appear to me to sit a little high, is that the case?

I am not a big guy, but I am 6' 2" and would rather not sit too high. For my '65 Dart I think I'm going to make brackets anyway. Because I figure I'll have to modify whatever they would send me anyway.

Thoughts?
The seat height is very close to stock, I am 6' and during 2100 miles on the power tour they were perfectly comfortable. I will tell you getting in and out with the stock steering wheels and the seat side bolsters is tight.
The passenger side required no modification the driver side did, I don't see any problem with making your own.
My dad and I spent a lot of time in these seats and I have to say they have been great!

The seat height is very close to stock, I am 6' and during 2100 miles on the power tour they were perfectly comfortable. I will tell you getting in and out with the stock steering wheels and the seat side bolsters is tight.
The passenger side required no modification the driver side did, I don't see any problem with making your own.
My dad and I spent a lot of time in these seats and I have to say they have been great!

I'm probably looking at ones that look more stock than the heavily bolstered seats so I don't think getting in and out will be a problem, I hope.

I imagine all the seat brackets attach to the seats the same way, with the tubes with female threaded inserts on the ends or something like that?

I'd really like to know if the '63-'66 seat brackets will work. I can't seem to find anyone who has successfully used them.

@rustyfish You're right, it doesn't make any sense that I hit the disagree button. I did not do it intentionally. I was browsing on my phone and must have accidentally hit the button. I would have never known if you didn't notify me. I have unchecked the disagree. Please accept my apologies.

By the way, I have grafted aftermarket OEM cloth seats from a Mazda to my '63-'65 seat tracks. Seats are really comfortable but are even a little high for me (5'9"). I would like to have them and inch or two lower. I did this 11 years ago and forgot how I grafted them on. So I went out to take couple of pix to show you. And while looking at them I realized that i should be able to lower the seats at least an inch using the seat mounting bolt holes in the brackets.

I mounted them to the '63-'65 seat tracks using 1.5" square tubing. Horizontal bolts to the '63-'65 seat tracks and vertical bolts to the grafted seat's tracks.

Since my grafted seat tracks are within the '63-'65 seat track width, I can lower by loosening the horizontal bolts and slide the seat forward and down, then re-tighten.

Hope this give you some ideas.

Mazda Seats in 65 Dart.jpg
Seats Grafted to 65 seat tracks.jpg
Seats Grafted to 65 seat tracks 2.jpg
65 seat tracks seat hight adjustment holes.jpg

I'm probably looking at ones that look more stock than the heavily bolstered seats so I don't think getting in and out will be a problem, I hope.

I imagine all the seat brackets attach to the seats the same way, with the tubes with female threaded inserts on the ends or something like that?

I'd really like to know if the '63-'66 seat brackets will work. I can't seem to find anyone who has successfully used them.
No worries! I was
@rustyfish You're right, it doesn't make any sense that I hit the disagree button. I did not do it intentionally. I was browsing on my phone and must have accidentally hit the button. I would have never known if you didn't notify me. I have unchecked the disagree. Please accept my apologies.

By the way, I have grafted aftermarket OEM cloth seats from a Mazda to my '63-'65 seat tracks. Seats are really comfortable but are even a little high for me (5'9"). I would like to have them and inch or two lower. I did this 11 years ago and forgot how I grafted them on. So I went out to take couple of pix to show you. And while looking at them I realized that i should be able to lower the seats at least an inch using the seat mounting bolt holes in the brackets.

I mounted them to the '63-'65 seat tracks using 1.5" square tubing. Horizontal bolts to the '63-'65 seat tracks and vertical bolts to the grafted seat's tracks.

Since my grafted seat tracks are within the '63-'65 seat track width, I can lower by loosening the horizontal bolts and slide the seat forward and down, then re-tighten.

Hope this give you some ideas.

View attachment 1715388531 View attachment 1715388529 View attachment 1715388532 View attachment 1715388533
Thanks for the reply and no worries, I was just a little confused. I like the look of some of the Procar seats so trying to go that route. I can’t seem to find 100% good info on their brackets and some are sketchy applications clearly. Good job on yours. What’s under the hood?

Thoughts?

I am 6'3" and used the Scat/ProCar brackets in my '65 Barracuda. My hair (what remains) touches the headliner. I am optimistic, after some use, the seat will settle down a bit and will be perfect.

I would not assume you will need to modify their brackets. I was able to get mine to work without modification and the Scat/ProCar support was awesome.

Good luck.

David

No worries! I was

Thanks for the reply and no worries, I was just a little confused. I like the look of some of the Procar seats so trying to go that route. I can’t seem to find 100% good info on their brackets and some are sketchy applications clearly. Good job on yours. What’s under the hood?

'68 340 x-head. LD340 intake, quick fuel 650 Vacuum secondary, hydraulic cam - similar to stock '68 Manual cam, TTI Headers, self bent custom x-pipe 2 1/2" out the back with spin tech mufflers. Just got it back on the road after long time - burned up the 727. Put in a 904. Getting it tuned and running pretty good. Really takes off above 3k. Traction problems down low - crappy tires. Sounds great.
20190818_181414_resized.jpg
20190831_080910_resized.jpg

'68 340 x-head. LD340 intake, quick fuel 650 Vacuum secondary, hydraulic cam - similar to stock '68 Manual cam, TTI Headers, self bent custom x-pipe 2 1/2" out the back with spin tech mufflers. Just got it back on the road after long time - burned up the 727. Put in a 904. Getting it tuned and running pretty good. Really takes off above 3k. Traction problems down low - crappy tires. Sounds great.View attachment 1715388622 View attachment 1715388625
Way cool! I bet that'll get a little squirrely! Did you address the handling yet for that power?

Correct on the mounting
https://www.jegs.com/photos/900/942/942-81000inst.jpg

-
Back