Procar seat brackets awareness

-

Claudius

Reaction score
I jumped on a chance to buy the Procar seat brackets for my 1968 Barracuda because JEGS had them for a good sale price. The 81340 and 81341 are listed as the suitable Procar part numbers for this model year ('65 - '69 inclusive). When they arrived, I checked the fitment and was surprised.
The first 7 photos are associated with the driver's side of the car. The remaining 3 photos are for the passenger side of the car. The silver coloured markings on the floor appear to be where holes would be drilled for bucket seat brackets. Clearly, the brackets do not fit.
Fortunately, the people at JEGS were very helpful. They took these photos and brought the matter to Procar. There was no useful information at the Procar site so it required a phone call with a Procar tech to sort the matter out.
Per Procar, there were two different floor pan model numbers for my car in the given year. I am not sure how many other Mopar models did the same thing or for how many years this happened.
Procar has the 81344 and 81345 for my model year too but you would not be able to determine this easily. Summit lists these as unavailable and JEGS does not list them at all. They are available elsewhere but the stock photos are generic and unhelpful.
JEGS is making the issue right by paying for return shipping of the items and selling the correct ones to me at the same price ($78 each) as can be found at other sites.
I hope the images and measurements therein will prove helpful to others.
As always, caveat emptor!!

1) Driver front, seat dimples, left-right, 12.5 inch spacing.jpg

2) Driver front, seat dimples, front-back, 12.25 inch spacing.jpg

3) Driver front hole to right side seat dimple, 15.25 inch spacing.jpg

4) 81340 sitting in front seat location, bolt in existing hole.jpg

5) 81340 front to back existing hole error, 2.375 inches.jpg

6) 81340 inner back seat dimple to bracket hole error.jpg

7) 81340 inner front bracket to floor error spacing, ~1 inch height.jpg

8) Passenger seat floor pan showing existing holes & four seat dimples.jpg

9) 81341 back seat hole error spacing, 2.875 inch error, bolt in seat dimple.jpg

10) 81341 outer front existing hole to bracket hole error.jpg

I jumped on a chance to buy the Procar seat brackets for my 1968 Barracuda because JEGS had them for a good sale price. The 81340 and 81341 are listed as the suitable Procar part numbers for this model year ('65 - '69 inclusive). When they arrived, I checked the fitment and was surprised.
The first 7 photos are associated with the driver's side of the car. The remaining 3 photos are for the passenger side of the car. The silver coloured markings on the floor appear to be where holes would be drilled for bucket seat brackets. Clearly, the brackets do not fit.
Fortunately, the people at JEGS were very helpful. They took these photos and brought the matter to Procar. There was no useful information at the Procar site so it required a phone call with a Procar tech to sort the matter out.
Per Procar, there were two different floor pan model numbers for my car in the given year. I am not sure how many other Mopar models did the same thing or for how many years this happened.
Procar has the 81344 and 81345 for my model year too but you would not be able to determine this easily. Summit lists these as unavailable and JEGS does not list them at all. They are available elsewhere but the stock photos are generic and unhelpful.
JEGS is making the issue right by paying for return shipping of the items and selling the correct ones to me at the same price ($78 each) as can be found at other sites.
I hope the images and measurements therein will prove helpful to others.
As always, caveat emptor!!

View attachment 1715190287

View attachment 1715190288

View attachment 1715190289

View attachment 1715190290

View attachment 1715190291

View attachment 1715190292

View attachment 1715190293

View attachment 1715190294

View attachment 1715190295

View attachment 1715190296
After receiving 81344 and 81345 would you be so kind as to post follow up pics as to how they fit? Thank you very much for this post. Very useful for me and I'm sure others.

After receiving 81344 and 81345 would you be so kind as to post follow up pics as to how they fit? Thank you very much for this post. Very useful for me and I'm sure others.

One of the parts is not going to be shipped from Procar for at least 3 weeks due to lack of inventory. However, here are images of the two brackets that should serve as optimal replacements.
I will try to remember your request. If you have not seen them in a month, please ping me privately as a reminder.

Procar 81344.jpg

Procar 81345.jpg

I used the first set of brackets you received on my car but I needed up moving one of the mounts and maybe drilled a new hole in the floor...it wasn't worth shipping them back from Canada

Thanks for the info, As I am also interested in a set of procar seats...

I will be getting a set of the non-upholstered Pro90 1300 series and getting them custom covered. I found a source of very nice vinyl that matches the original colour of the back seat.

I used Scat adaptors 81433 & 81432 and the Pro 90 Series seats. Actually I'm pulling them out soon as I am putting together the correct seats which I sank a fortune into. And yes they are much lighter. See below the Jegs siteScat 81433 | JEGS

IMG_0861 (002).jpg

IMG_0860 (002).jpg

Well, the two brackets finally arrived and they fit! They did match correctly with the dimpled marks in the floor, just as per abodyjoe's thread. The image I had originally posted for the 81344 was not correct but the one for the 81345 was correct. In fact, each is a mirror of the other in terms of physical design. I drilled the holes and placed bolts to indicate the fitment.

81344.jpg

81345.jpg

I caught a small marking error w.r.t. the placement of the back right hole for the 81345 before I drilled it. (Measure twice, cut once. :icon_fU: )

an update to this thread from June 2018

I was in the process of ordering seats and brackets from Procar for the 68 Barracuda. I was doing some additional seat bracket internet research as another seat supplier
Corbeau makes the comment in their bracket list for the second generation Barracuda, to measure the seat bolt pattern as there is more than one bolt pattern.
Procar shows only the 81340 and 81341 brackets for second generation Barracudas, which turn out to be the 18 inch pattern. My car needs the 81344 and 81345 which are the 12.5 inch pattern and are mentioned in this posting.
The 81344 and 81345 are available through Summit, but do not show on the Procar - Scat web page.
I contacted the sales department at Procar - Scat and advised them of this issue. They said they will get the web page corrected.

And, the 81344 and 81345 brackets bought through Summit were in stock and shipped the next day. No news yet on when the seats ship.

Last edited:
I will be getting a set of the non-upholstered Pro90 1300 series and getting them custom covered. I found a source of very nice vinyl that matches the original colour of the back seat.
Could you please supply us with the vinyl source you found.
Thanks

-
Back