procharger vs paxton

-

blk00rt

Reaction score
Come spring time I will be tuning my fitech unit..to messy around here right now.
after that is tuned in to where I like it I am adding a supercharger.
Engine is a pretty stock Magnum 5.9 with just headers, small cam intake.
I was wondering those that have put a procharger or paxton on their cars how hard was the install and would you do it again. Pictures would also be appreciated.
I have access to your basic do it yourselfer tools no mills or lathes.
Looking at the procharger kit the supercharger store sells or the Paxton kit and changing out the carb bonnet.

Pro charger sits where the battery is.
So battery gets moved to the trunk.

I ordered the Procharger kit from the super charger store. Been talking back and forth with Bob (owner) for months. I'm going blow through carb and shooting for 10 lbs of boost.

Will have the kit in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post pics and results. Luckily I already moved my battery to the trunk so should be a pretty easy install. Mine is also a stock shortbblock 5.9 with cam headers and intake.

I ordered the Procharger kit from the super charger store. Been talking back and forth with Bob (owner) for months. I'm going blow through carb and shooting for 10 lbs of boost.

Will have the kit in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post pics and results. Luckily I already moved my battery to the trunk so should be a pretty easy install. Mine is also a stock shortbblock 5.9 with cam headers and intake.

FYI, I think Kevin at CSU is hands down the best blow through carb guy out there. Pretty hard to beat his BT carbs, imo.

Last edited:
-
Back