ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
I would look at the Trickflows however that comes at a cost..... And even then I would probably not trust them OOTB lol....
JW
Why not? :poke: I haven’t read anywhere of issues to warrant any doubts. Nothing negative regarding machining or assembly. I have seen people (one case in point on this forum, which is common: no follow up) posting about these heads stating they checked them for sealing and yet they don’t post what their finding were!! What’s up with that??:wtf:

Why not? :poke: I haven’t read anywhere of issues to warrant any doubts. Nothing negative regarding machining or assembly. I have seen people (one case in point on this forum, which is common: no follow up) posting about these heads stating they checked them for sealing and yet they don’t post what their finding were!! What’s up with that??:wtf:

If there was one head I would trust OOTB it's Trickflow. If I am spending 3k+ for a topend (Valvetrain, etc.) then you bet it's gonna get a once over. I work in Manufacturing and even on our best day things can get out of tolerance. Aftermarket automotive is no different. But I have never been that guy who finds Heads up pennies all day either. It' called .01 percent luck lol...

JW

Does anyone know for sure what is involved with a speedmaster competition valve job

Just placed my order! I’ll order the locks, retainers and rocker shafts later once they’re in stock. But a set of aluminum heads, valves and head studs for $561 SHIPPED! That’s crazy!!

DBD4A939-4900-417F-A99F-688F8735A2D9.jpeg

I have placed two orders and never one had tax charged to it.......more savings..............

what's up with the small block mopar intake manifolds? they all look like they are for magnum style heads

Well I tried to call them and all I can say is they have a VERY obnoxious song playing while you are on hold. after 8 minutes of hearing it I was told by a recording to try again later. Well I ordered a set of bare heads, intake and exhaust valves, and an intake for my son in Colorado that I had sent directly here so i can port them for him. He has that 50 year old Torquer intake so I will do testing with both but honestly I really don't like the looks of the old Torquer intake. I also ordered a set of bare heads for myself that I plan on tubing, porting, and selling to raise some race car funds. Time to get my butt busy!!! This should really help out the 340 engine he bought and now I have to find a nice hydraulic cam for him.

Just called speedmaster and was able to order the PCE stainless rocker arms with the 40% off sale, they just won’t ship until they’re back in stock (expected to be 30-60 days)

Well I tried to call them and all I can say is they have a VERY obnoxious song playing while you are on hold. after 8 minutes of hearing it I was told by a recording to try again later. Well I ordered a set of bare heads, intake and exhaust valves, and an intake for my son in Colorado that I had sent directly here so i can port them for him. He has that 50 year old Torquer intake so I will do testing with both but honestly I really don't like the looks of the old Torquer intake. I also ordered a set of bare heads for myself that I plan on tubing, porting, and selling to raise some race car funds. Time to get my butt busy!!! This should really help out the 340 engine he bought and now I have to find a nice hydraulic cam for him.
Whatever happened with the ones you bought last year???

I have placed two orders and never one had tax charged to it.......more savings..............

Cassidy asked me what I wanted for Christmas today... I replied speedmaster heads.... she looked up on Google, saw what they were and told me not happening :bs_flag:

Cassidy asked me what I wanted for Christmas today... I replied speedmaster heads.... she looked up on Google, saw what they were and told me not happening :bs_flag:

One of the nice things about not being married...GF and I have separate bank accounts....

Just called speedmaster and was able to order the PCE stainless rocker arms with the 40% off sale, they just won’t ship until they’re back in stock (expected to be 30-60 days)

Now you need to call Mike at B3 and let him hook you up with a geometry correction kit. You will need it.

Yea you botched that up. You should have told her you wanted Trick Flow’s and when she said no, you then say you’d settle for the Speedmasters.

That’s how you do that.

Well I’m under coronavirus stay at home quarantine and have a test scheduled for Tuesday. That’s what I get for ordering China heads. 7 from my church tested positive so far with more being tested early week.

-
Back