Product Review: AMAZ Water Stain Remover

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hello to all my MoBros and Mo sisters out there. Here's a quick product review that you might find helpful. When I bought my 1974 Duster in the spring of 2019, I could tell that the car had sat outside in the vicinity of a lawn sprinkler system. With the exception of the windshield, all of the glass in my car was factory original date coded glass. The side windows had quite a bit of hard water staining on them in the form of dried water droplets that were particularly visible when the sun shined through the glass. Naturally this bugged me, and I tried a number of products to remove these stains. Here's what DIDN'T work for me: Cerium oxide powder, CLR cleaning fluid, 0000 grade steel wool, and a clay bar. Someone on this forum recommended AMAZ, so I ordered a container on Amazon since you can't buy it in the stores. It arrived with a foam applicator pad and I immediately went to work. First, I cleaned all the glass very thoroughly, then opened up the container and almost spilled all the stuff onto my lap. It has the consistency of runny, white toothpaste. Even though I was tempted, I didn't try tasting it as it looked like it would make mighty fine cake frosting! The first two photos show the side glass before the initial treatment. Sorry for the poor composition of the photos. Anyhow, the directions say to rub it in thoroughly in a circular pattern and then let it dry for awhile. The next photo shows the dried product on the glass. After drying, you buff it with a clean towel and inspect. The first treatment definitely did not take all the water stains out. The directions that came with the product said that you may need to repeat the process several times to achieve the desired result. I ended up performing three treatments on the worst parts of the car, and a single treatment on the better areas. Overall, I'd have to give this product a "B". It couldn't take all of the water stains out, but they're far less noticeable now. You can also use this stuff around your house and may have better results there. I think that my windows have just sat for too long and they'll never be perfect - which bugs me but I'll just have to accept that. I know that a professional glass polishing company could make my windows look like new, but that's just too expensive and time consuming for me. The second to last photo is the finished product, and again my apologies for the poor composition of the photos. A few notes to consider: First, the product tells you to let it stand for awhile after it dries. I'm not sure how a dry powder on window glass would benefit from sitting there for awhile, but I did it anyway. Not sure that it helped to do this. Second, this turns into a messy and dusty process. As you can see from the next to last photo, you'll end up with a lot of powdery white residue on your car and on the rubber window gaskets. Be prepared to do a really thorough soap and water washdown of your ride when you're finished. Third, if it looks like it's not working, inspect the INSIDE of your windows. It is possible that you might have water stains from condensation inside your car that will need to be cleaned as well. Finally, the amount of pressure that you apply to the pad seems to improve the performance of this stuff. You have to find that sweet spot to prevent damaging your glass - not too much and not too little. You'll figure it out just fine once you get started. So to sum up, yes I can recommend this product. My glass isn't perfect, but it's quite a bit better than what I started with and well worth the time and effort. And no (in the interest of full disclosure) I don't work for them. So get out your jug of AMAZ and a bucket of hot soapy sudsy water and have at it. Just don't smear any on your birthday cake even if it looks and smells like yummy cake frosting - unless you want to end up in the ER!

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

Is that a pumis stone?

Did you use that on the glass?

And thanks for the product review.

No, it's a 3M scuff sponge. You can buy them in any hardware store. And yes, it's the approved applicator that comes with the jar of AMAZ. I used this sponge on my car.

If you tried cerium oxide and it didn’t work, you didn’t use it right. I’ve taken out windshield wiper scratches out with that stuff and they were bad scratches.

past red shoe polish removes hard water stains on shower glass should work fine on auto glass .

-
Back