Project`67 Dart GT 340 A500

-
They sell an aftermarket bell that bolts to the front pump. Pat at Wilcap.com should be able to explain it better than I. Pat is a great guy and right sown the street from me.
Wilcap is awesome, locally owned..You get what you pay for...:)

Right door

Looks like sometime in its life someone slammed the door while holding the handle and kinked the metal. So I am attempting to get the metal to go back where it came from, its seems to remember mostly.
Keep tapping and tapping and tapping

View attachment 1715091888
I know you don't like filler...Some PCL Polyprimer with a small spray pattern ,two coats...should fill those low spots..
IT'S Touchy, on mixing ..It uses "MEKP/ A.K.A fiberglass hardener" it fills quickly,leave the coats thin... Just offering,an option...

I know you don't like filler...Some PCL Polyprimer with a small spray pattern ,two coats...should fill those low spots..
IT'S Touchy, on mixing ..It uses "MEKP/ A.K.A fiberglass hardener" it fills quickly,leave the coats thin... Just offering,an option...

I got it close by hammering and at least the metal doesn't flex when you push on now. I will need something to fill a littler bit, I try PLC. I did get the door dinger out all the way I believe.

Thanks

Juinior idle

Tested posting a youtube that another member explained how so I tried it out.

I have only fixed a few dings in passenger door recently that's about it other than driving to work every day.

Need to get some paint on this thing!!!

Had a customers`69 GT I was doing some work on and had to get a shot of two GT Darts . I put his in front of mine since allot better looking with paint on it.

The `69 was a 1970s Hollywood movie car that will explain the stripe.

KIMG0880.jpeg

Wagner PCV installed and dialed in. Maybe I just like to tinker but I believe the valve has helped my choppy cam idle some what. Being an automatic car it surged allot at idle in gear, and now it is very minor. I tried single mode first since my vac. is around 7-8 and didn't really notice any difference so I tried dual mode and that did it.
Maybe a custom torque converter someday since I am doubting my 1,900 stall converter is doing a good job. But that was all I could afford.

KIMG0964.jpeg

KIMG0965.jpeg

Not much new for Junior other than a pair of BFGs in front, kinda miss the whitewalls but it sure handles better. I will get rear when I decide on a size.

And replaced a twisted right rear super stock spring with a better one, both sets were used and made the best out of both packs. It rides nice and no more bind.

It gets driven daily to work so it gets a good work out.

KIMG1223.jpeg

KIMG1320.jpeg
Junior had a couple Darts to hang out with this week , blue one is a 383 4 speed original , silver is a 440 4-speed custom
KIMG1365.jpeg

I have had enough of these seats and carpet looking/feeling like this, down right embarrassing RIGHT? I stack two towels on there just so I don't fall through. Time to pull them and fix it.

Junior has been running great and is a fun daily driver, give him a little pat on the dash every once in a while when we spank a car challenging us.
I haven't done any more work to the body since winter, I will get fired up after these seats.
KIMG1499.jpeg

Wagner PCV installed and dialed in. Maybe I just like to tinker but I believe the valve has helped my choppy cam idle some what. Being an automatic car it surged allot at idle in gear, and now it is very minor. I tried single mode first since my vac. is around 7-8 and didn't really notice any difference so I tried dual mode and that did it.
Maybe a custom torque converter someday since I am doubting my 1,900 stall converter is doing a good job. But that was all I could afford.

View attachment 1715110693

View attachment 1715110694

View attachment 1715110693

View attachment 1715110694
Absolutely, a PCV valve, has an effect on idle speed and off throttle response.

I started with the passenger seat so I could keep driving the car for now. I was happy to see the condition of the frames, they look new still. The medallion on the seat back was a pain to get off, sure thought it was going to break but then it popped off just fine. Since this as my first time doing this job it will take me a while with work and all.
KIMG1714.jpeg
KIMG1720.jpeg
KIMG1715.jpeg

I really appreciate your patience and persistence on this project. I have started working on the new 360LA for my 67 GT w a Tremec 5spd. Your steady progress and fun reports help me keep from getting overwhelmed with what I have left to do. Motor swap, suspension upgrades, trim repairs, interior work. Maybe I'll get done before they bury me, but I'll have fun on the way. Great work! Guys like you keep the hobby alive.

Thanks oldskool979 That Tremec would be a blast I bet.
I had the wife duplicate the burlap corner protectors for lower seat, it makes me appreciate a seamstress because I got lost watching her set up the machine. The ends are sewn up and a metal rod goes through it.
The medallion is on the new cover so were almost ready to go back together.

KIMG1711.jpeg

KIMG1724.jpeg

KIMG1725.jpeg

KIMG1726.jpeg

Stick it out in the sun and bake for a bit now to get the wrinkles out. Every time I look at these pearl white covers I think "what am I doing!?" I am a mechanic and drive this everyday, but they look so good :)
KIMG1729.jpeg

Trunk lid sanded down to the original bronze, if only the the whole would clean up like this I would leave it. It was painted blue over the bronze at one time, then primerView attachment 1714968149 . I love patina.
I'm dying to remove the Limelight paint from my car and see the original F8 green underneath. How exactly did you remove the blue paint from the deck lid to get to the original bronze color?

I'm dying to remove the Limelight paint from my car and see the original F8 green underneath. How exactly did you remove the blue paint from the deck lid to get to the original bronze color?
I used a fresh razor blade believe it or not. A old timer came by my shop and told me that trick, hard on the curved edges but possible. Then I color sanded the rest. Wish I could have done the whole that way but where any body work was done I wanted to fix and prime again for now until I can afford the paint.

Go back to #66 you can see where I was doing the roof.

I used a fresh razor blade believe it or not. A old timer came by my shop and told me that trick, hard on the curved edges but possible. Then I color sanded the rest. Wish I could have done the whole that way but where any body work was done I wanted to fix and prime again for now until I can afford the paint.

Go back to #66 you can see where I was doing the roof.
Thanks I will check out the previous post

Looks great! I had 1967 dart GT 273 white with black vinyl top . It had pearl white bucket seats and door panels and the rest of the interior was a red wine color. That was the nicest intierior of any a body I’ve owned .

I haven't had much time to work on Junior lately but I did get old carpet cleaned out....nasty!!. Just had some surface rust where thin paint from carpet falling apart under my feet so I slopped down some chassis black paint. I fitted the carpet but then remembered I needed to spray glue on headliner insulation which makes a mess so took it back out for now and got the front insulation glued in place.
I am looking forward to driving it around without it being an echo chamber like a WWII bomber.
20180513_143225.jpg
20180513_153113.jpg
20180513_143232.jpg

-
Back