project blown slant

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
so 1 year and 7 thousand miles later, i started getting bored with the slant. so the obvious thing to do is a V8 swap right? WRONG! haha with the help of a friend i will be mounting a b&m 144 blower on my slant. i will also be building another head and swaping out my cam. i am only planning on running about 5 pounds of boost untill i build another engine with better pistons and rods, but this should still be fun, and different.

Attachments

• P9250071.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 4,283
  • PA030080.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,236
:cheers:very nice man! thats awesome your keeping the slant in it thats what im gonna do to mine tell me how it goes!

Looking forward to this build, Do you have an extra hood ? or are you going to work with the one you have ?
Thank you for sharing this build with us slantscamp 8)8) and :-D

After you get a new engine, will you shoot the rods out the bottom of this one? LOL. I cant wait to see this one done! Ive only seen it done once. This is gonna be a sick build

How's this?

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Sweet. Like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d-qqeK0B-I"]YouTube - slant six[/ame]

What the heck??? how can that be!!!???!?!?!??

I was wondering how long it would take someone to question it, I seen this at a cruise this past weekend and I had to take a second look. He even has the lower pulley conected to an A/C clutch so he can turn it on like Mad Max.

Just think of the back pressure from that exhaust?

I would at least make it look real if it were mine but it's pretty cool for a Rat Rod, and definitely classifies for the "different" factor.

I seen it to Blownfish:-D look at the 1 1/2'' exhaust :-D:-D:-D

So you guys are saying this is fake, or are you talkin about the one in the youtube video that I can't view (youtube's blocked at school).

So you guys are saying this is fake, or are you talkin about the one in the youtube video that I can't view (youtube's blocked at school).
The youtube one is real Matt :happy10: the one Blownfish posted is fake 8)

That reminds me of this one that someone retrofit a GM 3800 blower onto.

Attachments

• gm38001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,946
  • gm38003.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,876
thanks for the comments guys. im pretty excited about this project. my buddy called me today to see when he can come get the engine, and i need to drop my other head off to get that going.

oh i thought i would just add this picture as well. this is my buddy mick, and his blown 41 willy's. he is the one behind this blower project. thats me inside the willy's. we were talking at a car show last week, and out of nowhere he told me to jump in, then told me to fire it up. what a cool feeling.

Attachments

• 1001101810-00.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,702
This post has me dreaming of a blown /6 build now... Thanks! lol Keeping my eye out and picking a parts list in my head. And I haven't even finished my current motor. I'm thinking 471 or 671, maybe a Paxton/Procharger type even. Keep us updated.

,Cliff

The youtube one is real Matt :happy10: the one Blownfish posted is fake 8)
I am at school again, so I still haven't got to watch the video, is it a video of a running blown slant on an engine stand with some guy at the controls, cuz if it is, I know him. :bootysha:

Now can you tell the pic that blown fish posted was fake other than the tiny headers and lack of plumbing. I chocked the lack of plumming and linkages up to the fact that maybe it hadn't been installed yet.

I am at school again, so I still haven't got to watch the video, is it a video of a running blown slant on an engine stand with some guy at the controls, cuz if it is, I know him. :bootysha:.
Yeah, it is. A guy with glasses and it has a weird supercharger scoop

-
Back