project blown slant

-
but a clutched /6 supercharger rocks tho, huh?

count me in!

Kinda like a turbo; it's there when you need it, but virtually non-operational when you don't... WITHOUT the on/off switch.

Anybody with even minimal understanding of how a Roots supercharger works on an engine like Mad Max's would laugh out loud at that movie footage. When the blower stops, so would the engine.... It's a positive-displacement air pump.

well i havent been able to work on my car much, but i did go back to work this week. so hopefully the money will start rollin in soon. my buddy sent me a few pics today though. he is doing most of the work. he paid for the pulleys for me as a birthday present, and he made a support bracket to hold the weight of the intake and blower. he loves the idea of putting the blower on it, and it keeps him busy. hes 65 and retired. the next thing we need to do is get the angle of the blower right.

Attachments

• Aaron front view.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 849
  • Aaron pulleys on.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 874
I do not need to build a blown slant!

Crap I don't think it is working!

Hmmmm.... Just a rough guess here on this. But when you adjust the angle. try this, it may work. just a guess though. Try making a rough duplicate of the flange on the blower but flip it so it is inclined like this / instead of this \

it may level it out perfectly, who knows. but its worth a shot. Wood is always useful for something

Crap I don't think it is working!

I know how you feel JR, that pic gets my adrenaline going.... RAWR lol

i put an angle finder on it one day and found that it was off by 2 1/2 degrees. that peice under the blower is just a carb wedge plate, but its 5 degrees, waay to much.

I am confused. It looks as if the blower will bolt to the standard square bore holley carburetor flange. Am I seeing things? I understand about the angle and all, but the blower output flange looks like a standard holley flange. i have built a few engines with B&M blowers and they did not have that flange. It was larger. Have they since changed the blower to bolt to a standard flange holley pattern? for the correct angle, simply remove the valve cover, find the angle of the valve cover rail. Take the angle of the carb flange and subtract the difference. There is the amount you need to machine off to make it match. Done deal. If you really want it dead nuts perfect, remove the head and use the block deck as your reference instead of the valve cover rail, but the valve cover rail will certainly suffice. the block deck is perpendicular to the crank as is the valve cover rail. The crank is your point of reference.

what! how did you find that. thats what i need. the only problem with that would be where it places the blower front to back, as far as the pulleys lining up.

That's a neat piece! I never even knew such a thing existed for a /6. VERY COOL!

check out what i just won on ebay. thanks to hellion_locdogg for bringing it to my attention. this should help me get the blower mounted up.

Attachments

• !CB9tfh!!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!iwE0FkBI37wBNJkn6SR2!~~_3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 960
  • !CB9ttDgCGk~$(KGrHqF,!jME0DTYQSf+BNJkolZ1lg~~_3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 937
heres a teaser pic my buddy sent me today. i havent been bugging him about the engine. just letting him work on it at his own pace. i still have work to do on the car befor its ready to go back in anyway.

Attachments

• Aligning top pulley 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 871
There was a guy at Springfling last year that was selling a complete blower set-up for a S/6

Im liking the blower on a slant. It greatly simplifies things virses a turbo. There is an ungodly amount of plumbing with any turbo.Seeing the vid memike posted up about building a turboslant and flanges etc makes me think nos aint so bad after all!

-
Back