Finished! Brutal 'Cuda

-
Here you go

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

Forgot to mention, take a look at the alternator bracket. Scored a factory magnum ac delete bracket. Decided against a/c for now.

Did you go with Rebel wiring for your harness, or a different brand. By the way,the paint on the car looks awesome.

Yes it is the Rebel 21 circuit kit. It overall was good but more geared to the experienced person. I have never wired a car so it took forever! Lots of questions and research. Good customer service and the price is good though. I chose a universal type of kit because most of my engine compartment wiring was kept under the dash or hidden.
Thanks on the paint, it took countless hours of color sanding!

Nates68

Ok next up is ordering Dougs d453 coated headers, summit or jegs dual exhaust, Tanks efi fuel tank, run 3/8 fuel line (using factory line as a return), and fire it up! I will worry about interior later.
So anyone got a lead on the best price for the Dougs?

AutoZone often has discount codes for ridiculous amounts that apply to anything they sell, which includes Doug’s headers.

Keep an eye out and/or sign up at AutoZone

Forgot to mention, take a look at the alternator bracket. Scored a factory magnum ac delete bracket. Decided against a/c for now.
Really! I though you may have cut it up.

Here's an update, it runs!
Getting windshield and back window installed this week so I can drive it around and break it in. It's been 14 years since it has moved, so for all of you who are slow at restoring like I am, don't give up!

IMG_2993.JPG

IMG_1910.jpg

Looks awesome beautiful car! That has to be amazing feeling being behind the wheel after 14 years

Here's a few more pics:
Pypes semi-stainless (409 is magnetic), had to make lots of adjustments to fit it right. Went with the race pro mufflers with packing, sounds good, not too raspy like chambered mufflers.
Installed v-band clamps after mufflers so I could remove everything easily.
Nates68

IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

Awesome and congratulations! Also thanks for the encouragement to keep plugging towards the goal. Scott

Here's an update, it runs!
Getting windshield and back window installed this week so I can drive it around and break it in. It's been 14 years since it has moved, so for all of you who are slow at restoring like I am, don't give up!

View attachment 1715227990

View attachment 1715227991

Got the headliner in! It was a bit of work and I had to get the tension just right. There are plenty of write ups (google restorick) that cover how to do it.
Having fun actually putting parts into the interior now, feeling the car may actually get completed!

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

Also got the rear window in, tinted it to have it blend in with the black paint. Cleaning up window trim to install, surprised how soft the stainless is, working on getting little dents out can drive you crazy.
Nates68

IMG_3054.JPG

Installed dynamat extreme on floors, flat areas, etc.. the bulk box was only 15 lbs and well worth the weight. It is all I will need for the entire car. I am not going to go crazy and cover every inch of the car (not necessary anyways). Ok ok, I know the front floors have a lot, but that area really needed it. It's amazing the difference it makes.

IMG_3006.JPG

Ok here you go:
-Front wheels are bg rod works 17x8 with 0 offset, BFG G force 235/45-17
-Rear wheels are 17x9.5 with +6 offset,
BFG G force 275/40-17.
I modified the front fender lower front edge (removed pie shaped piece and rewelded). The rear is all stock but may need 1/2 of the fender lip at the top portion cut out. I am afraid to roll the lip because it's double thick and will mess up my paint. I should have checked this before paint. The rear is lowered with front hangers that have lower holes as well as stock.
Nates68

Got the fenders painted, trunk too. Working on some chassis reinforcement, aka. j bars or forward strut bars. I should have done it earlier in the build but oh well. Need to attach to top of shock tower and box it -or- fill the gap where the space is between the shock upper mount and inner fender is. I'm sure a search will give me some ideas.

Thanks!
Nates68
WOW!!!

-
Back