Project Duster 340 - Hot Rod article 1970

-

vc318

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,
Perusing through my dad's shed the other day, and he has many many Hot Rod and other car magazines from the '60's, '70's and '80's. Hundreds perhaps.
Anyhow, reading one of the Hot Rod mags, it had an interesting article on how they hopped up a Duster 340 and ran what I think is a respectable time down the strip! Some well known names in the article also.
Enjoy!
Andrew
duster1.jpg
duster2.jpg
duster3.jpg

See if you have the Barracuda project with a 273 (started August 67 issue) and the 340 build tests (Part 1 is Aug 69). Some good stuff there, even if its old. LOL

My friend bought that car from John Dianna and was raced at Fremont Drag strip if anybody remembers that one!
They did a lot of things to that car to make it a wheel stander.

My friend bought that car from John Dianna and was raced at Fremont Drag strip if anybody remembers that one!
They did a lot of things to that car to make it a wheel stander.

John had another duster, a blue one with a shark tooths grill he raced in MP class. Was this the same car?

Awsome build, old-school as can be and plenty fast, especially for a 4 speed

It was my understanding that they built one car that started out as a 1970 Duster. Later on they changed to the shark tooth grille and 72 tail panel and lights. Yes it was last run by John as an MP car. That car scared the hell out of him! After every run he was littlerally shaking (John). I think it was a handful for him.

Its cool that they mentioned the part numbers that they bought from Sox & Martin.

-
Back