Project Plain Jane

-
Was taken with my iPad.Called an HEIF About 74kb.
Must be the file type. Most of mine are JPG and 800x450 (360k) size. Sorry for the rant but I can't believe Apple screws with stuff the way they do.

Still not an actual pic but a link.I give up.
Ya, PDF's don't load to the site. In fact, yours won't view on
upload_2020-9-30_10-43-24.png
my laptop but it just puts a link in the tray at the bottom of the screen.

If I try to save your PDF it just saves the link and not the image. PDF files are used in image creating software like Photoshop.

Attachments

• IMG_3028 copy.HEIC pdf.pdf
    634.9 KB · Views: 91
You got it!
Yup! Persistance paid off once again.I'm not super familiar with this Mc,but am getting there.It's not bad at all really.Just different.I really like the no virus aspect of a Mac.And they seem to be built like tanks.This is a 2014 model.Still running strong.

Super cool getting this pic thing figured out.Thanks for the help and concern guys.Will be getting stuff done,more pics soon.Right now my boy is home sick.With all the fuss over covid-19,anyone with a snuffly nose is sent home from school.I doubt very much it's covid.There's no fever or symptoms typical to covid.

Last edited:
Yup! Persistance paid off once again.I'm not super familiar with this Mc,but am getting there.It's not bad at all really.Just different.I really like the no virus aspect of a Mac.And they seem to be built like tanks.This is a 2014 model.Still running strong.

Super cool getting this pic thing figured out.Thanks for the help and concern guys.Will be getting stuff done,more pics soon.Right now my boy is home sick.With all the fuss over covid-19,anyone with a snuffly nose is sent home from school.I doubt very much it's covid.There's no fever or symptoms typical to covid.
Waited too long for some action on your build. No way I was accepting the 'no pics' idea. :poke: LOL

I hear ya brother.Pretty frustrating on my end too!

Got a UPS delivery scheduled for maybe today,possibly tomorrow.More pics!! Something juicy coming.

While I'm at it wanted to pic some brains for idea's on a homemade jig for getting this Dart up high enough where I dont gotta lay under it. Was thinking maybe just a couple engine stands?Empty shell with no nothing can't weight much.Would a pair of 1500 lb engine stands be enough to bear the load? Keep in mind garage is SMALL. 12 by 24 I think.

if you think apple is bad try anything with windows 10 :BangHead: they force updates on you with no way to stop it. it often changes so much i can' use my pc and it usually deletes google chrome from my pc completely ffs! i have to reload it each time to get back what i'm used to. anyway i'm ranting, glad you got the picture thing sussed :thumbsup:
neil.

if you think apple is bad try anything with windows 10 :BangHead: they force updates on you with no way to stop it. it often changes so much i can' use my pc and it usually deletes google chrome from my pc completely ffs! i have to reload it each time to get back what i'm used to. anyway i'm ranting, glad you got the picture thing sussed :thumbsup:
neil.
I bought a Windows 10 machine and my wiz bang kid set it back to windows 8 somehow and shut off the updates. Smooth sailing.

Im not suprized windows updates deleted your google chrome.That's competition for Microsoft,which is publically known for being cut throat.I'm actually pretty happy with my apple,no virus program or malware program to buck up for.Runs smooth and fast,can have 45-50 pages open at once and doesn't miss a beat. The only thing it sucks at is video games according to my son.It was mostly my unfamiliarity that lead to the picture posting issue.And there was a few massive updates that completely changed things,so relearning it sucks.

Lol Ups was supposed to be here Friday. I guess delivery has it's UPS and downs...anyways delivery rescheduled for Monday.We shall see.

I had a thought for an el cheapo rotissiere.Bare Dart shell can't weight much more than 800 lb's so why not just use a pair of 1000lb engine stands? I can get them for $100 each.If the wheel base of the engine stand isn't quite wide enough should be an easy mod.

I've seen your idea manifested on other threads. One guy added a long piece of square iron tubing between the two (front & rear) to sure things up a bit.

I've seen your idea manifested on other threads. One guy added a long piece of square iron tubing between the two (front & rear) to sure things up a bit.

I actually did a google search on rotissiere alternatives.The 2 engine stand idea has been used lots,and for many different cars. With a decent rotissiere being vastly overpriced and my garage being 24x12 I really need an alternative.

Anyone used the Scarebird conversion brackets for disc brakes? Using common parts that are readily available and cheap really appeal to me but would like to know pro's and cons from real world useage

-
Back