#projectvertfish gets a new heater core.

-

Mopar Vince

I'd rather push my Mopar than drive any Ford
Reaction score
500 hp stroker 408?...check!
TCI Street fighter 904?...check!
ECP aluminum radiator?...check!
New hoses and clamps?...check!
Car running awesome?...check!
Wait...
Whats that sweet smell?
Are those wet spots forming on my barracuda floor mats?
Parts incoming...
Heater core from rock auto - $55
Heater box gaskets from Detroit Muscle - $52
Defrost ducting hoses from Mancini - $48.
Being able to remove, repair and restore the heater box and heater core myself...priceless.
Stay tuned...

20201119_131005.jpg

Well the 3/4 by 3/4 pex barb to barb fitting was $3.27 at Ace hardware.
Its not pretty but I can at least drive it until my parts come in.
Who needs a heater in a convertible?...in winter?
At least it doesn't snow in Santa Cruz.

20201119_135701.jpg

I used to visit my brother up in Bolder Creek, that's before we parted ways on his left coast politics. He has moved out to the desert below San Diego. I miss going down to the wharf and getting shrimp, and the Amusement Park, and a free concert by some of the orginal Doobie Brothers.

speaking of heater cores, i need some advice. I installed a brand new heater core from autozone into my 1972 dart about 12 years ago. The car has been driven only about 500 miles since then and the thing started leaking into my floor. SO, i am in need of another new core. Anyone know where to buy a GOOD one that will last?

speaking of heater cores, i need some advice. I installed a brand new heater core from autozone into my 1972 dart about 12 years ago. The car has been driven only about 500 miles since then and the thing started leaking into my floor. SO, i am in need of another new core. Anyone know where to buy a GOOD one that will last?
I got mine from rock auto

-
Back