PST 16:1 Box excessive play

-
Now that I look at it it is real close to being the same, Borgeson fast ratio GM uses the Delphi 600 box and that it what I have and the box they use for the Mopar is a copy of that it looks like.
The Delphi 600 has no relation to the current Mopar spec'd Borgeson box. The mopar box uses a 1 piece casting with integral mounting, where it used to have welded brackets. The newest box is a tidy design with 14:1 ratio. My bolt in kits use this box which is a super nice upgrade to Mopar steering.

I got a bad box too. I got in touch with PST and I have a call tag for return, seems I'll have to ship it back to them and wait for them to assess the problem and either fix this box or send a different one.
I bought this one in July of 2020 and just installed it the other night.

Someone was asking earlier in the thread, the total turns on this box lock to lock and on the bench is 3.75.
I guess it would be less turns in the car with fast ratio arms in the steering linkage...

Just to chime in, I bought the 16:1 PST and the only issue was that it was hard to get off center but after a few miles it loosened up and now responds great. I’m very happy with it.

Atleast everything goes faster the second time. Got the box back off in 17 mins. Dropping it at ups today.

to followup, got the new box, installed it. much tighter than the other one. based on feel at the steering wheel this time, i never would've investigated further but since i was curious i did use my phone to take a video of the sector shaft again. there is a little movement still but i'm guessing at this point this must be normal and one of the reasons something like a sector shaft support from firm feel exists...
i'm gonna call this good and move on.

Still waiting for some kind of correspondence from PST on my box. Been a month or so.

PM me your information and I will look into your status.

Thanks
James From
PST

Actually, I was able to find one of our previous PM's. I have reached out to our customer service to find out what the delay is as it should have not been this long. Regardless a replacement will be sent out today express shipping as this was unacceptable on our part. I will PM you the tracking number once I get it from shipping.

Thanks
James From

-
Back