pulled the trigger on a flywheel for my 71 swinger

-

el5dart

Reaction score
i just ordered a flywheel from american powertrain for my mopar performance crate 360 EFI magnum motor part number p5007732.

the part number for the flywheel is FWCH-10004CS it is a 10.5 inch flywheel external balance with crank sensor notches machined in it. the cost shipped is $350.98

i will be able to bolt my a833 up to the magnum with no modifications to the crank sensor posistion. which is awesome!

i was going to put an ax-15 behind the motor but i really didnt want to cut my torsion bar crossmember. so this flywheel is a fabulous solution for me. also i will get/want a passon 5 speed in the future if one ever becomes available. so i will just be able to slide the 5 speed right in when i get one.

american powertrain still has one more of the FWCH-10004CS in stock ready to ship if anyone is interested in one.

How much does it weigh? I had an aluminum wheel made for my car, with the ckp notches, but never compared it to the apt piece

i didnt know the CPS would pickup on aluminum. Im not sure about the weight i will post it when it gets here in a couple days.

So does that mean you need to cut out a hole/notch in your bell housing for the sensor? Post pics when you get a chance. Also, so it is balanced for for the 5.9 Magnum as opposed to the LA 360 (since they have different balance from what I have read)?

yes i will have to notch the bell housing. i will just duplicate a factory ax-15 one. i will post a pic i will be doing it very soon. and yes the FWCH-10004CS is for a magnum. an LA wouldnt need crank sensor notches cut in it for any reason.

yes i will have to notch the bell housing. i will just duplicate a factory ax-15 one. i will post a pic i will be doing it very soon. and yes the FWCH-10004CS is for a magnum. an LA wouldnt need crank sensor notches cut in it for any reason.

True, the LA is typically carbrueted and the the only reason for the crank sensor is for the EFI. I just wanted to be sure about the balance.

The reason why I ask is because I have a Magnum sitting on an engine stand that I wanted to try to get running. I have an extra bell housing for a small block and an 833 trans but not the proper flywheel for the Magnum.

Thanks!

-
Back