View attachment CIMG2919.jpg

cimg2920-jpg.jpg

View attachment CIMG2920.jpg

cimg2921-jpg.jpg

View attachment CIMG2921.jpg

cimg2922-jpg.jpg

View attachment CIMG2922.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap you changed it from the 8th reply to the 10th reply and I waited until the 8th reply was done.

Great information!! Any of them have part numbers on them?

in this pic the 69 and back water pump is seen next to the BB water pump pulley ....the two look very similar but the BB is slightly larger diameter and the SB version will not clear the Water pump bolts on a BB...ask me how I know LOL

cimg2948-jpg.1714639996

View attachment CIMG2948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap you changed it from the 8th reply to the 10th reply and I waited until the 8th reply was done.

Great information!! Any of them have part numbers on them?

I would have to start sand blasting to see any if any part numbers....so it will take me a while to them all

hope this helps ....getting the right pulley seems to be a huge problem for a lot of people and I have had to do a lot sorting and research .

A/c pulleys are a completely different story and none of these pulleys in this thread have ever been seen on any A/c equipped engine that I know of

....and the SB version will not clear the Water pump bolts on a BB...ask me how I know LOL

How do you know? :D Hey, thanks for that, Miss Rani! I've got a stack of SB pulleys out in my outback, and heck if I can remember what they came off of....so this will help! I DO remember that my 273's water pumps have a very small diameter one though, and I can identify it by sight. I'm pretty sure you don't show them in the pics.

How do you know? :D Hey, thanks for that, Miss Rani! I've got a stack of SB pulleys out in my outback, and heck if I can remember what they came off of....so this will help! I DO remember that my 273's water pumps have a very small diameter one though, and I can identify it by sight. I'm pretty sure you don't show them in the pics.

you are right .....if 273 had different pulleys then I don't know about that .....only two mopar engines that I have never had or been around are the 273 and 400 ......those are the only mopar engines that were produced in the 60s and 70s that I have never had or worked on.

Certian pullies can also be used to gain HP....on my 340, I have the 70-up single groove set-up. I recently bought a Fluidamper balancer for it and it is alot thicker than my other balancer, therefore if I use the 70-up crank pulley it won't line up. So I located a 64-69 SB single groove crank pulley, it is thinner allowing it to line up....the diameter is also smaller then the newer one donuts also acts a little like an "underdrive" pulley, freeing up a few ponies :glasses7: I did have to enlarge one bolt hole for it to fit but that's easy.

Nice work Rani, I am sure your research will help many on this site :thumleft:

you are right .....if 273 had different pulleys then I don't know about that .....only two mopar engines that I have never had or been around are the 273 and 400 ......those are the only mopar engines that were produced in the 60s and 70s that I have never had or worked on.

Well, I just remembered that both of my 273's (factory A/C~P/S cars) had small diameter water pump pulleys. I think that's related to the fact that they WERE factory A/C~P/S optioned cars, and this is back on the cast iron water pump cars. I don't have one of these pulleys in my stash right now, but maybe if someone else does, they can post a pic with dimensions.

Also, if you think about it, that smaller diameter water pump pulley will spin faster......probably for a logical reason.

Well, I just remember that both of my 273's (factory A/C~P/S cars) had small diameter water pump pulleys. I think that's related to the fact that they WERE factory A/C~P/S optioned cars, and this is back on the cast iron water pump cars. I don't have one of these pulleys in my stash right now, but maybe if someone else does, they can post a pic with dimensions.

Also, if you think about it, that smaller diameter water pump pulley will spin faster......probably for a logical reason.

yes ..I have a 383 that was in an A/c car and I did notice that the water pump pulley was significantly smaller diameter ....they probably wanted the water pump going faster for max cooling with an A/C setup.

I am using a 7 1/4 crank P/S and a 6 1/2 waterpump pulley setup.

What are the ramifications ?

Can you retake the pictures with a tape measure that also reads in metric??? :D :poke:

Great info Rani! :cheers:

Guys and Rani theres a good detailed book of mopar pulleys availiable online at hemibracket.com . Its not wrote by me but have it and use it often.

-
Back