PULLEYS

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
what are you guys useing for pulleys???..i cant keep my belt on at WOT.
i want to switch to an alum rad and elec fan/fans but i still need a belt for the alt.

HELP!!!...its really pissing me off!!!

took my dad for a ride in it last night and it came off twice!!..he did say"WOW..ITS PULLING GOOD!!"

I bought a set of March Billet that I will be putting on pretty soon I will let you know how the work.

forget pulleys...i need BELTS!!!!!!

what kind ,how much and where do you get them??

i went to advanced auto,autozoneand napa and they sell the same size belts!!!....i need one that SITS down in the pulleys

thanks!!

I got one just last week its a Gator grip it sits great in the groove on my 318 i just hav the one belt as well!i got it From alparts are local auto shop!$12

mikesduster said:
can you get a pic of it for me??
all i could i get there not the best!
20045293173631223228097.jpg

20045296760452763707776.jpg

mikesduster said:
what are you guys useing for pulleys???..i cant keep my belt on at WOT.

Do you have chrome pulleys? They are terrible for this.

Can you go to a larger alternator pulley like from a truck or an older car with A/C as they are larger diameter and will slow belt speeds down.

mikesduster said:
WALTER...YOU HAVE ANY PICS??
Just this one:
Small diameter pulley, groove is probably sized for a 17XXX belt, but I use a 15325 I think. I think the belt was laying in a box of old k-car stuff, been on the car for 3 years now. I should change it. I probably have it tighter than normal. Lou V. had the pulley. I don't know where you would get one.

383front.jpg

Hey, this is my 50th post...

I'm using one of the Moroso underdrive crank pulleys. The alternator pulley is stock. I've got an electric water pump, so there's no pulley there.

I measured around the two pulleys, went to the local AutoZone and found one that I thought would fit. Then I bought one a size bigger and a size smaller. The one I wound up with was 32.5 cm (I think).

Here's a pic or two:

http://www.elite-computing.net/racing/images/P1011000.JPG
http://www.elite-computing.net/racing/images/P1011001.JPG

Ya, I know, the belt's not on there. But you get the idea.

hey mike,
where did you get those alt. brackets??.
was your electric water pump hard to hook up??...could you feel/see the HP gain from it??
does your car run hot with the electric fan??

The alternator bracket is the March bracket system. Very cool, easy to install, more solid than the stock system.

The gold things are Crane Gold Roller Rockers.

The electric water pump bolts right up to the block, uses the stock location. Cools the motor down quickly between rounds. I've found that with the electric water pump and the electric fan, the temp never goes over 200. It's usualy 160-180 when I stage, around 190 after the burnout, then around 200 at the end of the run.

MikesDuster - That pump wont work well on the street. Mikel Becks is a track car only.

Mikel Beck how do you pass tech with all that rubber fuel line ? :shock:

Hey good to here about that March braket that is my next peice that and a magnum powder coat alt. $200 buck but if it feels good do it.

fastbackcuda said:
Mikel Beck how do you pass tech with all that rubber fuel line ? :shock:
The rubber line is gone, that was just in place while I was putting the motor together. I put aluminum line on it.

This sounds dumb but are you running two belts or one if you using 2
are they Matched a good parts store can give you a matched set.
I run a march set-up but I had the problem until I went with a matched
set by matched I mean that they have the same code #,not just part #
hope this helps.

One belt on mine, also. From the alternator to the crank.

Mike, MOROSO offers different size single groove pulles in both billet and steel. If you are throwing belts check alternator alignment though, I spin mine to 7000 all the time without dropping belts.

-
Back