Pulling Engine at Junkyard

-
What engine? What car? Late model metric stuff? Early model SAE? I mean seriously. Throw us a little bit of a bone. damn.

Sockets, ratchets, breaker bar, extension, box wrenches, pipe wrench, wire cutter, pliers, utility knife, hack saw, screwdrivers, pry bar, hammer. Take an extra empty tote for small parts you remove, wagon to carry toolbox and tote. I'm probably forgetting something, been awhile since I did that stuff.

Edit: scissor jack and a couple stands

Last edited:
I bring a wagon, 4 concrete blocks, big bars, big hammers, big shears usual tool set, 2 floor jacks, dewalt set. This was an accord I took motor for my 200$ 03 Element. I leave the blocks in the yard
15069A77-481E-43F0-99F1-FCF7CD4195C0.jpeg
0D233594-EF1D-427C-97A7-9B81A0C74189.jpeg

Make friends with the yard owner. Unless you have a fully loaded equipment type service truck with mini crane, air, and torches, this usually helps more than anything else...

Make friends with the yard owner. Unless you have a fully loaded equipment type service truck with air and torches, this usually helps more than anything else...

I'll second that. Visited one up west of Austin a while back. Talked to the guy about cars for a bit and he almost pulled our parts for us. Well, he let us borrow damn near a whole toolbox, and a sawzall, but yeah, that old honey and vinegar saying has merit.

I was at an EZ pull yard. A older gent pulled a motor up from the yard on a wagon. They told him he has to pay for everything he cut. Complete electrical harness. Hoses, steering lines. He cut the transmission plug off. When they told him this he said " keep it" . Security stopped him from leaving and the police were called. They arrested him for destruction of property and banned him from the yard. His bill for what he cut was over $600 the motor was only $125
Most standing in line were yelling comments and put their items down. They lock the gates and wouldn't let you out unless you paid for what you took off. They handed several citations out to people who didn't buy anything even if you didn't find what you wanted. Link below is where we were.

Google Maps

At another Harry's in Hazelton Pa. a Security Guard pulled a hand gun on a buyer after refusing to empty his bucket of tools on the ground. The buyer dressed in military fatigues took the guards gun and threw it about 50 yards into the junk yard and then broke the guards nose. I would tell you what was being said by the guards but they were all speaking spanish which I don't understand.

What I can tell you is the guy walked out and no one else said a word to him. He took that gun and threw it so fast I didn't even see his hands move. All I saw was some movement and then the guard sitting on the ground with a nose bleed.

Most of the employees at the" Harry's U-pull-its" are Illegals and do not speak english. This guard wasn't say nothing after that. Everyone was laughing at him. His bravery was gone when his gun was not in his hand. I was waiting to see the OK corral gun fight. But the employees went running like Cockroaches when you turn the lights on. There wasn't even anyone at the window. It was like they had a trap door button, They were gone! My **** and everyone else's in line was free. There was no one there to pay.

Last edited:
Wow, talk about abusing a menial position of authority! Some people don’t have any business being in charge of a deep fryer at a McDonald’s, much less a salvage yard...

-
Back