Pulling motor and tranny without leaking tranny fluid all over the place making a mes

-

Vali68

Reaction score
If I wanted to pull my tranny along with my motor(slant 6), how do i do it without making a mess with all the tranny fluid that will eak out the tranny?

i was thinking I can remove the motor first. then drop the tranny out if i need to. but do I really need to remove the tranny too if I am just doing s motor swap and tranny filter change?

Just go to your favorite parts place and buy a set of plastic transmission plugs. Just a plastic version of the yoke. Don't forget to plug the cooler outlets when you remove the lines. Also, no you can leave the trans in the car if you want.

I just duct tape a rubber glove over mine works every time no cheep gloves though you don`t want a blowout

I have a shelf full of spare transmission slip yokes. If it's 66 or newer - once the driveshaft comes out, the tranny will puke fluid out the tail when it's tilted. Earlier should be fine with the flange on them. Use a peice of 3/8 rubber hose and clamps once the transmission cooler is disconnected and connect the two cooler lines from the transmission together.

Go to someone elses place, pull the drivetrain and make a mess, then haul it all back to your still clean garage :)

i put a condom on mine and brass caps on the line fittings and plug the lines with rubbers that come on the end of new lines...brake,fuel...whatever.

i really put a slip yoke in the tail..it's a good idea to wire it on with bailing wire so it doesn't "slip"out though.

-
Back