put headlight relays in today...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
i bought a kit from @crackedback last week and got around to installing it today.. really nice quality set up.. little time consuming bit a pretty easy and straight forward install.. even in the garage that has too much light in it i can see a huge difference. lights are a lot brighter....

i out them under the battery box so they aren't noticeable. don't even know they are there which is what i wanted..:)

IMG_20200509_144645.jpg

IMG_20200509_144658.jpg

IMG_20200509_144818.jpg

IMG_20200509_144829.jpg

IMG_20200509_154049.jpg

IMG_20200509_162714.jpg

IMG_20200509_180241.jpg

IMG_20200509_180314.jpg

IMG_20200509_180501.jpg

Last edited:
The crackedback kit is money well spent and a performance upgrade in lighting and electrical system protection.

Thanks for the purchase and nice install. Good to read you are happy.

The wire around does hide well!

i also put his wire around kit on.. can even see it so i didn't take any pics of it..lol
Could you explain what the wire around kit is? And is there a schematic for the headlight relay kit so us less experienced wiring guys can see how it connects? I am currently going through the wiring on my 64 Dart Gt.

the wire around kit is basically a wire that goes from the alt to the battery. its so all the power isn't going through the amp gauge.

@crackedback headlight relay kit is a plug and play kit. a plug goes into the drivers headlight wires, new wires and plugs go to both the headlights, hook up the grounds and hook to battery power and you are done.. its a nice kit.

A pair of Cibie housing and bulbs from Slant six Dan are a good compliment to the relays. A big improvement over standard sealed bulbs.

A very good improvement and solid performance is the GE H6024NH nighthawk halogen headlight. The things are very nice and VERY inexpensive. I've grabbed them for as little as $5 ea on amazon and rockauto.

the wire around kit is basically a wire that goes from the alt to the battery. its so all the power isn't going through the amp gauge.

@crackedback headlight relay kit is a plug and play kit. a plug goes into the drivers headlight wires, new wires and plugs go to both the headlights, hook up the grounds and hook to battery power and you are done.. its a nice kit.
What gauge wire is the wire around kit and does it have a fusible link?

Chiming in to vouch for the headlight harness kit from @crackedback. I bought one a while ago, lured by the promise of brighter headlights and the ancillary benefit of brighter dash lights, and finally got around to installing this week. I'm not a huge wrencher, especially with automotive electrical, so I had to spend a bit of time wrapping my mind around what was actually going to get modified. Once I set out to get the project going, I reviewed the original thread about the kit and then stared under the hood of my '67 Cuda, trying to grasp the electrical flow from the battery and the dash switch to the headlights and parking lights, and how the new harness would fit in. The directions that @crackedback sent via email helped a ton. Once I got going, the installation was smooth. The "moment of truth" -- turning on the headlights after reinstalling the battery -- was a big success. One measure of relative ease of this project: Used 3 maybe 4 obscenities the entire time. End result is that headlights are definitely brighter. So are my interior lights. Dash lights are better, not great, but I'm sure there are other issues that need addressing on that front. Photos are headlights before, after and teenage son wrenching.

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

Hell yeah! His headlight deal has been the single most bestest upgrade I've made to Vixen. Old @crackedback gets somethin right every now and then. LOL

Nice install and pictures showing the change in your garage @Bob67Barracuda

I try to build things that even the most fearful electophobe can get over any installation anxiety. Thanks for the great comments and pictures.

Blind squirrel finds a nut, right? @RustyRatRod

so i changed things around a little today.. didn't like being able to see the wires under the battery tray from the passenger side so i fixed it. plus actually listened to @crackedback 's instructions this time..lol

IMG_20200518_112027.jpg

IMG_20200518_110718.jpg

Last edited:
Chiming in to vouch for the headlight harness kit from @crackedback. I bought one a while ago, lured by the promise of brighter headlights and the ancillary benefit of brighter dash lights, and finally got around to installing this week. I'm not a huge wrencher, especially with automotive electrical, so I had to spend a bit of time wrapping my mind around what was actually going to get modified. Once I set out to get the project going, I reviewed the original thread about the kit and then stared under the hood of my '67 Cuda, trying to grasp the electrical flow from the battery and the dash switch to the headlights and parking lights, and how the new harness would fit in. The directions that @crackedback sent via email helped a ton. Once I got going, the installation was smooth. The "moment of truth" -- turning on the headlights after reinstalling the battery -- was a big success. One measure of relative ease of this project: Used 3 maybe 4 obscenities the entire time. End result is that headlights are definitely brighter. So are my interior lights. Dash lights are better, not great, but I'm sure there are other issues that need addressing on that front. Photos are headlights before, after and teenage son wrenching.

View attachment 1715528400

View attachment 1715528401

View attachment 1715528402

Only 3-4 obscenities for a whole job? That’s pretty good. I have more than that just opening the hood.

i bought a kit from @crackedback last week and got around to installing it today.. really nice quality set up.. little time consuming bit a pretty easy and straight forward install.. even in the garage that has too much light in it i can see a huge difference. lights are a lot brighter....

i out them under the battery box so they aren't noticeable. don't even know they are there which is what i wanted..:)

View attachment 1715525069

View attachment 1715525070

View attachment 1715525071

View attachment 1715525072

View attachment 1715525073

View attachment 1715525074

View attachment 1715525075

View attachment 1715525076

View attachment 1715525077
Nice job thinking about this kit also,any tips, I seen a picture of the kit laid out I can almost figure everything out except where the 3-prong male connector would plug into thanks for your help

-
Back