Pypes Race Pro vs. Violator video and ride along

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
NOTE: This was recorded with a GoPro Hero 2 and external mic. These cameras have a documented problem when recording low frequency sounds (like exhaust and car interiors). They can't handle it and add a distinct pop/click/crackle noise to the audio - very annoying! It is not part of the exhaust note.

Compares Pypes Performance Race Pro muffler against Violator at idle. The Race Pro is loud (though advertised as their quietest) but civilized at idle. The Violator is directional, meaning there's a marked inlet and outlet, but it sounded too tinny for my taste when installed 'correctly'. Reversing it reduced some of the higher frequencies and tinniness. Definitely louder and less civilized at idle - it screams when mashing the pedal. If you want to annoy the neighbors, this would be the muffler for you - and probably the closest thing to open exhaust.

Schumacher headers feed Pypes x-pipe and mufflers with turn downs at the axle.

Not sure which I like better. My son likes the louder Violator. What do you think?

[ame="http://youtu.be/p40HeicxT70"]Pypes Race Pro vs. Violator[/ame]

Be sure to change the video quality to 480p or better - it does affect audio.

The Violator. Is that thing for real?

Installed "correctly" it sounds even rattier. Quite honestly, after a couple of days of driving around I think I prefer the Race Pros. IMO, at anything less than cruise speed the Violators sound like a clapped-out Chevy with bad mufflers. Both muffs flow the same so it just comes down to sound quality. Heck, with the Violators I can't hardly hear the blower whine. :)

-
Back