QA1 adjustments

-

zigs

Reaction score
I put QA1 suspension in my dart. Good stuff but when I went to back it out of the garage turning the steering wheel to the left , the front passenger tire rubbed. Both ways turning it rubbed
tires are 215 65 R15. never had an issue before. Pulled tires and measured from back center edge of rotor to adjacent finder well. Passenger side comes out to be 1" longer . Anyone know how to adjust it back work with the C/C and control arm ? Note getting much info from QA.
I dont think going to 215 60 15 would help much and not really take care of the problem.

You may have to take some of the positive caster out. Lengthening the support strut will move the tire back and give you more clearance. As long as you match the other side it will work OK. Should get 2 to 3 degrees of positive caster, which is a big improvement over the stock negative caster. The steering wheel will want to straighten itself out, especially while exiting a turn.

You may have to take some of the positive caster out. Lengthening the support strut will move the tire back and give you more clearance. As long as you match the other side it will work OK. Should get 2 to 3 degrees of positive caster, which is a big improvement over the stock negative caster. The steering wheel will want to straighten itself out, especially while exiting a turn.

really, never was the strut arm intended to move the wheel forward or back in fact exactly the opposite to keep it from moving forward or back. doing so would put LCA in a bind. the only way you could move the wheel with the strut either the bushing would have to be wore out or pivot pin made of rubber

Caster was way out , got it to where it dosent rub. I should be able to get it to aliegnment shop let him mess with it.
Hes an old school shop knows his ****

The strut rod or brake reaction rod is not intended as an alignment tool . This needs to be adjust to not induce any type of bind in the movement of the lower control arm. The QA1 upper arm is nice for a fixed arm but it is limited to the adjustment range of the eccentrics. If you need a wide range of adjustment, BAC SPC Upper Control Arms - Bergman Auto Craft will help quite bit. Adjustment range is much wider and is easy to align.

-
Back