QA1 Lowers Create Bump Clearance?

-
About 1”. But that’s based on the old style, before they redesigned the lowers to include a bumpstop. From what I’ve seen you could remove the bumpstop they added and get most of that 1” back.

Here's the differences, these are the "old" QA1 LCA's
mopar-lower-control-arms-png-png.png

Here is the new design that includes bump stops
img_2876-jpg-jpg.jpg

The profile height difference from their original design to the stock LCA's is about 1". It looks to me like you could get rid of that new bumpstop and the threaded boss pretty easily if the pair you get looks like the lower ones.

On my car I added a bump stop onto the frame horn for the original LCA bumpstop

img_4412-jpg-jpg.jpg

It takes up some of the extra travel gained from using the QA1 LCA's, but I don't want to go metal to metal on the street. The other thing is that I checked the distance between the top of the tire and the inner fender at full compression with and without the added bump stop. Even with the bump stop added it at full compression a 26" tall front tire would be right on the inner fender. My front tires are 25.6" so I have a little extra space, but it's not much. The ratio of travel at the LCA at the frame to travel at the wheel is almost 2:1, so, an extra inch at the frame turns into almost 2" of wheel travel.

With the bump stops I have set up, raised upper, shortened lower, I have about the same amount of total travel as a stock car does between the stock bump stops.

Last edited:
-
Back