QA1 six-link bolt in

-
Pay all that $$ and you will only be able to run a stock size tire as far as width. All that stuff they added is right in the way of bigger tires, Mini tub will not help you out of this situation. Sounds like a waste of cash to me.

Show stopper, parking lot hopper parts we have here.

I talked to a qa1 rep at sema about it. i want to say the setup will msrp around $2000-2500 but i cant remember. i do remember that the links get in the way of wide tires and there isn't realy a way to move them inboard without re-engineering most of the links.

the rep did say that he owns a modern charger and the qa1 duster out handles it with this setup.

also i was disapointed to see they welded the openings of an abody 8 3/4 closed for there display

Yeah it looks like the most you could get away with tire-wise is what will fit with a 1/2" spring offset. Probably would get you that much room changing the 2.5" wide springs out for the tubular links, and if not you might be able to cheat the links in a little with the spacers or even use the offset front hangers.

That's all that you can get on an A-body anyway without a mini-tub. Still works out to a 275 or maybe 285 on a Dart and a 295 on a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport. That's a decent amount of tire, I'm really impressed with the 295's on my Duster.

Seems like a decent deal if it sells for what they say it will. Guess I might have to find a tech that could tell me if it will indeed work if you've relocated the spring perches in a 1/2". Shouldn't really be a problem. Bigger issue than that would probably be the exhaust routing, looks like my exhaust would occupy the same space as those coilovers...

I like it for the fish which only has 8" wheels and 275/60s in the stock wheel well. The sawy bar and locater bar would help a lot with the wishy washy handling. The dumps will not interfere on my junk.

But with the stock leafs and sh*t shocks it still goes OK and $2000 is $2000..

I think its pretty! LOL I imagine it has a very nice ride. I would be ok with staying with the stock size tire, but there is no way I could afford something like that.

Street lynx is a better option and costs 1,000 less.

You can run mini tubs.

You can run exhaust easily with tubs and a stock tank.

It is capable of auto cross competition.

So it looks like the cost is comparable then. Still liking the rms unit

The article says 66 to 79 A bodies. Is that correct? It should fit the 63 to 65 A bodies too.
Perhaps it should read 67 to 79 as the 66 and earlier are different?

And it still uses a panhard bar, whats sad is they go to all this R & D and I bet they sell 3 of them if that.

Probably costs an arm and a leg. With a left nut to boot! We Mopàr guys are simply getting ripped off!

It's going to be 2500-3000.
While the RMS is popular for some, I don't think 80's gm G body rear suspension is the best choice for the handling crowd.

-
Back