QA1 Tubular K-Member

-

S.Rodney

"Hang 10" owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've asked QA1 why their A-Body K-Member is only listed as 67-72 instead of 67-76.

Here's the answer I got:

Sylvain,
Our k-member that is cataloged for the 67-72 will work on your 74 dart, you would just need the engine mounts from a 67-72. Once you have those, all of our other components will also work. Let me know if I can assist further.

Thanks,
Steve Smith
Technical Sales and Support
………………………………
QA1 Precision Products, Inc.
A:
21730 Hanover Ave, Lakeville MN 55044
D: 952.985.6374 | P: 952.985.5675 ex: 468
F: 952.985.5679 | W: www.qa1.net

because it uses the 67 to 72 biscuit motor mounts....where the 73 to 76 k members have the spool type.....

use can put in it a 73-76 A body...just need to use the biscuit mounts.

Wouldn't it be easier for them to simply list it as 67-76 with a * saying "from 73 and up, you require 67-72 engine mounts" ?

It's a really interesting part to overhaul the whole front suspension... and i'd most likely be able to use a Milodon pan for AutoX. :p

Hey everyone,

I've asked QA1 why their A-Body K-Member is only listed as 67-72 instead of 67-76.

Here's the answer I got:
Most people go with the usual but I have an AJE tubular k Member its been in for 3 years never had an issue. But we all have a choice and that was mine.I did do some research on a few other mopars that have them ..I got rid of the torsion bars and went coil overs, If you plan on keeping your torsion bars this is not the k member for you.

I have 3 of the QA1 k members in use....all 3 used to have torsion bars. Only one does still does. The other two have coil over shocks on them. I used the HemiDenny kit on one. And Gerst Suspension kit on the other....all 3 cars are used for racing. Plenty of room under the hood now.

checked out this post, and happy people are happy so far with the QA-1's, because i just plopped down the big bucks for the handling suspension kit.

S.Rodney...If you get this K-member go with the Schumacher poly lock biscuit motor mounts. 200 bucks, but will last a long time.

(i too wanted to stick with the torsion bar suspension)

If you get this K-member go with the Schumacher poly lock biscuit motor mounts. 200 bucks, but will last a long time.

Specifically for a 1974 Dart Sport with LA318 ?

EDIT: Just re-read the whole thread, yeah you must mean Schumacher biscuit mounts "for 67-72"... which QA1 told me I needed... kewl.

-
Back