QA1's level 2 Suspension Kit (like/dis-likes?)

-

HMBCUDA

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has made the plunge and converted their A-body stock k-member, upper/lower control arm and sway bar, etc... to QA1's Handling package Part# QA1-HK12-CRA1? If So...
Are you happy you went with it?

My k-frame needs repair and I cant do the welding so will have to pay to have it done at FFI or have someone local weld the seams and add FFI gusset kit and also want to box the LCA's too...either way were talking $$$'s,

thanks for any response!

Kinda.... I made "the plunge" on my 68 Charger. I bought the complete deal. The k frame looks great. The part I like best is you mix any of it with stock stuff. I sure recommend the k frame and build out from there. The upper control arms add the much needed caster. The strut rods really free up things to let the bars and shocks work. Torsion bars ride better than coilovers and you can get about any kind you want now. I bought the Borgeson box and QA1 single adjust shocks. I've done coilovers before, wanted to keep the bars this time.

Kinda.... I made "the plunge" on my 68 Charger. I bought the complete deal. The k frame looks great. The part I like best is you mix any of it with stock stuff. I sure recommend the k frame and build out from there. The upper control arms add the much needed caster. The strut rods really free up things to let the bars and shocks work. Torsion bars ride better than coilovers and you can get about any kind you want now. I bought the Borgeson box and QA1 single adjust shocks. I've done coilovers before, wanted to keep the bars this time.
Very Good...thank you Neal, Yes definitely wanted to keep the the torsion bars, and why I am going to go with the QA-1 kit, talked to a builder the other day that has used QA-1 parts and has never had any issues.
I was thinking of the Borgeson box also, but it's pretty expensive at around $550 plus cost of shorting the steering column, but it's 14lbs lighter, and a lot smaller, (more room) is temping.
Was thinking of getting fast ratio pitman/idler arms to get a better ratio, 12:1 I believe. I think the Borgeson's are 14:1, still better than stock.

I believe the fast ratio arms give header and oil pan problems. Better look into that.

I believe the fast ratio arms give header and oil pan problems. Better look into that.
Yep, talked to FFI's Tech, a while ago, I believe he said it moves the ctr. link back and up an inch and a half?, or so, but I think I won't have any issue there, (i got under there and measured), just have a small block, and have shorty headers, so don't have the bulk of the full length headers.

I'm wondering what can o'worms i would open if I did both, Borgeson box AND fast ratio Pitman and Idler arm. Probably just a waist of money.

Thanks, I appreciate he heads up!

either way should get you there. arms and smaller than stock steering wheel would be lowest cost.

How do you like the Borgeson box? I was thinking of it for header clearance, weight, but mainly to get rid of the "dead spot" in the center of the steering. Did it help with that? I've heard its suppose to be better in that respect than the original mopar boxes.

How do you like the Borgeson box? I was thinking of it for header clearance, weight, but mainly to get rid of the "dead spot" in the center of the steering. Did it help with that? I've heard its suppose to be better in that respect than the original mopar boxes.
It will do all of the above!

-
Back